Luke Thompson

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Mike »

He didn't play for saints or any other SL team, go to the NRL and fail and come back. If resigning our returning players under those circumstances is a *bad* thing, which we hear a lot, why is signing a saints player a *good* thing. It's almost like the reason why we don't like players is because they used to play for us. For example every ex-Wigan sky commentator gets abuse on here, but saints and Leeds pundits get praise. I don't understand it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:51 pm He didn't play for saints or any other SL team, go to the NRL and fail and come back. If resigning our returning players under those circumstances is a *bad* thing, which we hear a lot, why is signing a saints player a *good* thing. It's almost like the reason why we don't like players is because they used to play for us. For example every ex-Wigan sky commentator gets abuse on here, but saints and Leeds pundits get praise. I don't understand it.
I don’t “not like” our ex players, in fact I’m still friends with a lot of them 😊🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:51 pm He didn't play for saints or any other SL team, go to the NRL and fail and come back. If resigning our returning players under those circumstances is a *bad* thing, which we hear a lot, why is signing a saints player a *good* thing. It's almost like the reason why we don't like players is because they used to play for us. For example every ex-Wigan sky commentator gets abuse on here, but saints and Leeds pundits get praise. I don't understand it.
Perhaps it’s because the sky commentators talk nonsense that gets people’s backs up,whereas like it or not Wilkin when he’s on match duty is incisive and articulate
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:20 pm
Perhaps it’s because the sky commentators talk nonsense that gets people’s backs up,whereas like it or not Wilkin when he’s on match duty is incisive and articulate
I like to listen to Jon Wilkin 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:31 pm
The housewives favourite Josie😀but he also talks a lot of sense too
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, of course, what fozzie said.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:23 pm
The thing is he does talk more sense than Baz & Tez & dare I say the rest of them too.

He’s a lovely lad tho Wilkin, even if he did play for Saints, I always liked him 😊
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:03 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:23 pm

The thing is he does talk more sense than Baz & Tez & dare I say the rest of them too.

He’s a lovely lad tho Wilkin, even if he did play for Saints, I always liked him 😊
I’ve always had a lot of time for him as a player now a pundit too,he talks sense for me Sky has become so stale since Eddie and Stevo left it’s in dire need of a shakeup
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Jon Wells is good too.

Tez and Baz represent the "average fan", as Stevo did. Part of the job description is provoking controversy - sports fans thrive on it. "It was/wasn't a penalty" "X is a better player than Y" etc etc. Sky/BBC will always have people like this.

The fact they're being debated is evidence that they're doing their job.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:54 pm Jon Wells is good too.

Tez and Baz represent the "average fan", as Stevo did. Part of the job description is provoking controversy - sports fans thrive on it. "It was/wasn't a penalty" "X is a better player than Y" etc etc. Sky/BBC will always have people like this.

The fact they're being debated is evidence that they're doing their job.
Debated?

Derided maybe