Disciplinary

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Disciplinary

Post by Firestarter »

Cant complain really...... the headbutt alone was worth 6 games....... maybe he shudda gone for the ball(s) 😭
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

The headbutt was worth six matches ,what load of cobblers.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Barrie McDermott started his career like this. He says he learnt that you need "fire in your heart but ice in your brain".
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Mickw wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:28 pm The headbutt was worth six matches ,what load of cobblers.
Both attempted head butts were worth 6 then...... it didnt look good to me
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Sadly he's going to be a target for the wind-up merchants. That's McCarthy-Scarsbrook - some of Powell's Castleford and all of the Leeds team who don't want to play any other way.
I know the answer is in the lad's own hands but we need a leader on the pitch to make sure he keeps his cool and defuses any blow-ups, even to the point of having a word on the run with the ref about what's happening.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

At least if he pleaded guilty to both charges someone at the Club may have had a strong word with him?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i managed to watch the super league show yesterday and have seen both incidents for the 1st time

if i am being honest i think being banned is very harsh and think they are going off reputation and the fact he has a bit of a firey temperament.

Massey is clearly holding him from getting back into the defensive line for the 1st one, so he swings an arm (regular occurrence every week in games) to free himself up and fails. The headbutt is a poor fail and probably does warrant a ban for being such a poor attempt (a proper headbutt does warrant a ban)

the crusher tackle is very harsh to be banned for 4 games. 3 players in the tackle and i think it was greenwood around his leg that swings him round and underneath. i have seen far worse that look more deliberate on Wigan players that got nowhere near 4 games.

if that is now the standard of ban for those types of tackle, then fair enough, but i wont hold my breath that it is consistently applied across every game and tackle
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

the pieman wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:10 am i managed to watch the super league show yesterday and have seen both incidents for the 1st time

if i am being honest i think being banned is very harsh and think they are going off reputation and the fact he has a bit of a firey temperament.

Massey is clearly holding him from getting back into the defensive line for the 1st one, so he swings an arm (regular occurrence every week in games) to free himself up and fails. The headbutt is a poor fail and probably does warrant a ban for being such a poor attempt (a proper headbutt does warrant a ban)

the crusher tackle is very harsh to be banned for 4 games. 3 players in the tackle and i think it was greenwood around his leg that swings him round and underneath. i have seen far worse that look more deliberate on Wigan players that got nowhere near 4 games.

if that is now the standard of ban for those types of tackle, then fair enough, but i wont hold my breath that it is consistently applied across every game and tackle
the attacking player holding the defender seems to be creeping more and more into our game
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:34 am
the pieman wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:10 am i managed to watch the super league show yesterday and have seen both incidents for the 1st time

the attacking player holding the defender seems to be creeping more and more into our game
agree, its more of an annoyance to me as it is clearly a stalling tactic to prevent a defender getting back into the line and thus a quick play of the ball gives a scooting hooker a potential gap or penalty for offside if they run at that player.

As i said above, the reaction to hit out at the arm is seen every week. it isnt a direct punch at the player, but can be seen as that, and players are clearly getting smart at trying to attract a penalty or reaction from the defender. As others have said, Smithies needs to be smarter about how he plays the game tough. By all means play hard, but at the same time he needs to be smart with it