John Bateman talks Wigan return, family reunion and his struggles during lockdown

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: John Bateman talks Wigan return, family reunion and his struggles during lockdown

Post by fozzieskem »

Looking to mend a few fences maybe before he comes home?

It did all seem to go pear shaped quickly when it emerged Canberra didn't have room for his deal on their cap, few hasty words and the press stirring it up we all know how they work.

Better to leave on good terms.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: John Bateman talks Wigan return, family reunion and his struggles during lockdown

Post by Mike »

He's not a fan. He's a troll. It's kind of amazing that some don't know that yet.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Mike wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:17 pm He's not a fan. He's a troll. It's kind of amazing that some don't know that yet.
That’s pretty sad if true. Don’t understand the motivation of pretending to be a fan and writing stupid stuff. Apologies for feeding the troll!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Back to Bateman - I'm glad we've signed him. The PR stuff about homesick/family etc doesn't have much influence - it's about what he can do as a player. Just hope the shoulder problems are sorted.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Richymac wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:13 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:17 pm He's not a fan. He's a troll. It's kind of amazing that some don't know that yet.
That’s pretty sad if true. Don’t understand the motivation of pretending to be a fan and writing stupid stuff. Apologies for feeding the troll!
Pretty sad if it's been going on for more than 14 years :o :shock:

What is sad is the fact you can't have your own opinion on here without it being shot down because it's not happy clapping, It's a shame certain threads where deleted a few month back that showed other regulars to be worse than I'm suppose to be.

I remember the furore on here when Chris Ashton appeared in a Northampton shirt while he was still a Wigan player, Where those fans classed trolls, NO, I remember when Budgie stated he wanted to go back to the NRL after re-signing, Where the offended ones classed as trolls again NO they weren't, I say one thing about Bateman saying he'd go back to the NRL before he's even come back home and I am King of trolls, some people sure are bitter over things that have gone on in the past, certain fans should do a search and they will discover I have been more than positive on numerous occasions in the past, Thank you and goodnight :D
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wormburner wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:39 pm
Richymac wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:13 pm
Pretty sad if it's been going on for more than 14 years :o :shock:

What is sad is the fact you can't have your own opinion on here without it being shot down because it's not happy clapping, It's a shame certain threads where deleted a few month back that showed other regulars to be worse than I'm suppose to be.

I remember the furore on here when Chris Ashton appeared in a Northampton shirt while he was still a Wigan player, Where those fans classed trolls, NO, I remember when Budgie stated he wanted to go back to the NRL after re-signing, Where the offended ones classed as trolls again NO they weren't, I say one thing about Bateman saying he'd go back to the NRL before he's even come back home and I am King of trolls, some people sure are bitter over things that have gone on in the past, certain fans should do a search and they will discover I have been more than positive on numerous occasions in the past, Thank you and goodnight :D
stick to your opinions meds...... changing them to suite only makes you weak....... if you slag your team off for being poor then your a doom and gloomer...... imo its because your hurt inside when your team lets you down that you are so passionate about..... you criticise because you watch them closely and see where they go wrong( something that we dont see in the opposition)....... when we win we are happy clappers especially when we underperform( again imo)...... we are the greatest team in the world and have set ourselves these very high standards........ all i want is 100% throughout our club and ill take a loss every week if it means that....... all fans are slightly biased....... take wigan at home games...... most fans criticise the ref for the opposition lying on or standing offside, i always watch our defence doing the same( which most fans dont pick up on).......if everybody thought the same way our sport would be boring and pointless...... ive probably had more arguments at the rugby with wiganers than the opposition for not knowing there stuff...... this doesnt mean that we have more than anyone else, just that my passion lies mainly with our great club......lets just hope we get it right against cats for the happy clappers sake or lammy will get a lot of the “lammy outers” on here( rightly or wrongly)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Sorry for going off topic josie( before i get a rollicking)....... great to get jb back...... love his 100% style of play
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Wouldn't it be simpler if we only signed players that would commit the rest of their playing careers to Wigan and then there could be no complaints about them.
You know, players like Sean O'Loughlin and Sam Powell.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Surely the big thing about John Bateman is...

he always gives 100% on the pitch. He did for us, even when he knew he was going to Canberra. And he is doing for Canberra right now. And therefore he surely will when he comes back to Wigan.

That is plenty good enough for me.