flower banned 2 matches

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Lazy J

flower banned 2 matches

Post by Lazy J »

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/57 ... view-panel

looking light in the forwards for Catalan
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Southport steve

Re: flower banned 2 matches

Post by Southport steve »

Absolutely ridiculous. If you get a ban for this they might as well play touch rugby
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Southport steve wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:48 pm Absolutely ridiculous. If you get a ban for this they might as well play touch rugby
I thought exactly the same! Set of tossers on the match review panel!
Talk about going off previous offences! 🤬
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I despair of the way that RL is being administered. No fewer than 5 Wigan players were reported (by whom?) in a match where there was no serious or even non-serious foul play to get upset about. I can't even remember Flower's 55th minute transgression, let alone work out why it's worth a 2 match ban.
The only serious incident in the whole weekend was the alleged biting in the Warrington match and that seems to have been swept under the carpet (Footage inconclusive - further investigation - don't hold your breath - nothing to see here - move along please)
I'm trying not to get paranoid and think that there's an agenda against Wigan but well..........................
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Can’t help but think that Ben’s previous behaviour have been brought back into light.
What makes it worse is that Makinson got a reduced ban for being a ‘good boy’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Description of Flowers tackle in minutes of Review Meeting is exactly same as James Bentley of Saints. Both Grade B offences. Flower gets two game ban, Bentley 0. For Castleford, Sao's tackle report sounds like a crusher, 1 game ban. Yes, it's easy to get paranoid!! Oh and not heard Darryl Powell whingeing!!
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Apologies, Bentley was same description of tackle as Flower but Grade A rather than Flower's Grade B, so not sure how that works! Sao was Grade B but only 1 match ban. Consistency ........
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I can't remember this. Was it put on report or just picked up after?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I would think there's a likelihood the club will appeal the severity of the sentence, surely this is one they should say, needs to be looked at again.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Nowt wrong wit tackle