flower banned 2 matches

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Re: flower banned 2 matches

Post by the pieman »

just seen the tackle posted by Phil Wilkinson and watched highlights of the game on super league show

if thats a 2 game ban, then i dont think i am going to bother watching the game again. to quote Piers Morgan "the games gone nuts"

i'm all for disciplinary action where it is warranted, whether that be during or after the game, but that wasnt dangerous, late, high, cannonball or anything. i reckon you will see that sort of tackle every game every week
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Just watched the tackle now, the only potential offence I can maybe see is a slight contact with the head when Ben comes into contact.
Should not have even been referred to the disciplinary in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors to appeal Ben Flower ban

Wigan Warriors are to challenge the two game ban issued to Ben Flower.

The RFL's match review panel yesterday issued him with a charge of Grade B dangerous contact during Wigan's loss to Hull KR on Thursday.

Wigan had until 11am to state their intention to appeal, either the charge or the punishment. And coach Adrian Lam has confirmed they will, meaning they will face the RFL's disciplinary panel - which is independent of the match review panel - later today.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... an-2964530
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:56 am Wigan Warriors to appeal Ben Flower ban

Wigan Warriors are to challenge the two game ban issued to Ben Flower.

The RFL's match review panel yesterday issued him with a charge of Grade B dangerous contact during Wigan's loss to Hull KR on Thursday.

Wigan had until 11am to state their intention to appeal, either the charge or the punishment. And coach Adrian Lam has confirmed they will, meaning they will face the RFL's disciplinary panel - which is independent of the match review panel - later today.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... an-2964530
Might as well appeal, they certainly couldn't increase the ban, could they? 😏
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Bit of a nothing tackle I suppose but where the board who looks at this go to find their decisions is anyone’s guess
Last edited by fozzieskem on Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I honestly can't see the problem? Can anyone else?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

none at all
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Ninja leg drop, Surprised he's not got 4 matches
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

2002 and EW is hooked
Great grandad Harry ball

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

Bemused.

Hopefully some official at the RL type person can explain this one, as I still can't see what he's done (allegedly), unless the incident I've been viewing isn't the one that the charge was for.

Couple of questions:-
Was the £500 fine in the original decision? If not, that rubs salt into the wound and is nothing more than vindictive.
Was Lance Hohaia on the panel??
Last edited by Great grandad Harry ball on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.