Change in the table

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Change in the table

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

moto748 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:55 pm I dunno. In the circumstances, the proposals seem fair enough to me. We just have to get some kind of a season completed this year.
This is my view too
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:45 pm
moto748 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:55 pm I dunno. In the circumstances, the proposals seem fair enough to me. We just have to get some kind of a season completed this year.
This is my view too
Me too. I'm not outraged.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Mike wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:46 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:45 pm
This is my view too
Me too. I'm not outraged.
Same here.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I think the issue is more around them announcing it when we are a few games into the restart.

It makes a mockery of their planning / contingency to covid.

If the RFL/Super League thought there was high risk teams wouldn't be able to complete all games, this would have been announced from the start.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:19 pm I think the issue is more around them announcing it when we are a few games into the restart.

It makes a mockery of their planning / contingency to covid.

If the RFL/Super League thought there was high risk teams wouldn't be able to complete all games, this would have been announced from the start.
Seems like unprecedented events have force a change of plan?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I think the RFL are making the best of a difficult situation. The re-started season was never going to be 'fair' but I'm happy enough with this decision. Much better than extending the season any further. I get the feeling that saints and wire are better than us and we get the chance to compare ourselves to les cats in a couple of days. The only point I would make is that several weeks ago, saints gave les cats a good battering so perhaps they'll feel hard done to but I can live with that.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

This is a joke. There is absolutely no point continuing the season. They have even said they might change the 15 game rule.

I for one will be tuning out. Not interested is manufactured league table’s.

Wigan should manufacture a few more Covid cases and pull out of the forthcoming fixture. No point going to France to,support this farce.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

If we don't give Sky something to show for all the money they have put in there may be a few teams tuning out full time .

Manufactured or Manipulated call it what you want if clubs have to refund Sky any more than the reported £300k its goodnight for some or to coin a phrase up here "The baw's burst".

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Fail to complete the season and the RFL will be in trouble with Sky, for one thing.

But I'm sure you know that.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote:If we don't give Sky something to show for all the money they have put in there may be a few teams tuning out full time .

Manufactured or Manipulated call it what you want if clubs have to refund Sky any more than the reported £300k its goodnight for some or to coin a phrase up here "The baw's burst".

Regards EW
Does Sky want a sport to broadcast in future or not? If sport (any sport not just RL) is curtailed going forward out of necessity what are they going to do?

If Sky want their pound of flesh they need to flexible and the RFL need to think a bit harder.

Any system that decided one team is better the another having played fewer games thus assuming they would have been on average as good for the missed fixtures as they were already is not legitimate and it’s a con.

What they should do is insist on all teams completing the same number of games. If due to postponements that meant extending the season even longer, so what? It gives Sky their games and in fact means they can broadcast the sport for longer into the year.

Interfere with the start of next season? Err, why does anyone think these issues will be gone by then? You’d think with the apparent desire to finish this season they actually think it will be back to normal by Feb of next year.

It won’t be. This is an ongoing g situation and needs a bit more radical thinking then let’s have an average.