Catalans away

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Catalans away

Post by morley pie eater »

Great first half performance. We were lucky with the forward pass but Maloney should have been penalised for numerous head-high shots. The one as Gildart scored could have be an 8 pointer.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Have to say, having looked impressive lately, this is disappointing stuff from the Dragons. Wigan haven't needed to be great to be three scores up. Defended solidly, at least, thus far. If Izzy is their danger man, les Cats haven't managed to get him any early ball. Agree about Maloney.
jobo

Post by jobo »

moto748 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:07 pm Have to say, having looked impressive lately, this is disappointing stuff from the Dragons. Wigan haven't needed to be great to be three scores up. Defended solidly, at least, thus far. If Izzy is their danger man, les Cats haven't managed to get him any early ball. Agree about Maloney.
Couldn't agree more. Disappointing from Catalans, that's not to say we haven't been good though.
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Cats are really poor, Wigan haven't needed to get into top gear, shown an improved quality defence although they haven't really been tested for all the possession cats had in our 20

Did anyone notice George Burgess's little cameo appearance, he is not well that lad and i fear he is done
morley pie eater

Powell's try takes us to 2nd, just 1 point past Wire on points difference - provided we keep Cats out in last 10 mins or so
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:42 pm Powell's try takes us to 2nd, just 1 point past Wire on points difference - provided we keep Cats out in last 10 mins or so
Oops! Spoke too soon
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
TravellingWarrior

Post by TravellingWarrior »

One Question - what's happened to the six again rule? Been a few times tonight where there should have been one (both teams).
The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Always rely on Catalan to implode on a regular basis,Powell man of the match (what little I saw he seemed to be everywhere ) for me plus he was unlucky not to stop their try too
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TravellingWarrior wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:46 pm One Question - what's happened to the six again rule? Been a few times tonight where there should have been one (both teams).
I commented on this on FB. Catalan moaned for a home game when they aren’t really prepared for the new rules.
I heard the hooter & saw Kendall wave for another six just once
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Is it me or have we played 10 mins extra each have????

The timer is currently 86 mins

The first half went to 50 too - no mention from the commentators
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure