flower banned 2 matches

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Richymac

Re: flower banned 2 matches

Post by Richymac »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:35 pm Appeal failed

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/57 ... ben-flower

Regards EW
That’s an absolute joke! May as well just call it a day for contact rugby league if that’s a ban.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

With this extra context:

"Detail –Defender uses any part of his body forcefully to twist, bend or otherwise apply pressure to the limb or limbs of an opposing player in a way that involves an unacceptable risk of injury to that player".

I can clearly still not see why the tackle was cited!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

you have to do that to make them fall over, otherwise they just stand there
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Unbelievable.

I still can't see what's wrong with the tackle.

Pathetic.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Flower is literally just hanging on to the players shirt at the waist and being dragged along slightly. He does nothing more. The player falls under flower without flower altering his grip or twisting in anyway. He gets up uninjured. If that's a two match ban then all tackles are two match bans if any joint ends up with pressure. Think of all the twisted ankles that should have been 6 match bans!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

So westerman does exactly what smithies got 4 matches for and nothing is done,but they can hammer smithies purely because he plays for wigan.Rugby league is rotten to the core no wonder its dying on it arse ,what a joke.Sky commentators are a disgrace.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Mickw wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:27 pm So westerman does exactly what smithies got 4 matches for and nothing is done,but they can hammer smithies purely because he plays for wigan.Rugby league is rotten to the core no wonder its dying on it arse ,what a joke.Sky commentators are a disgrace.
problem is the sky commentators harp on about certain tackles...... not very professional really
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I can actually see what the problem is with the tackle. Flower has hold of the player and his feet are on the ground. He then throws his body to the side, lifting his feet, knowing this will pull the player back to him. This means flower will land on the players legs and bend him back.

Keep an eye of Flowers legs, why does he jump to the side instead of just holding on. It’s like a wrestling throw.