21-man squad vs Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jackthelad

Re: 21-man squad vs Wakefield

Post by jackthelad »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:25 pm Don’t know why we signed bibby. Hasn’t offered anymore from what we’ve got. Not a fan of sarginson but he’s better
Totally agree, however not to bore you all with my opinion, i have no idea why Lam isn't giving Hank a run out even if it is on the wing ( I know he's not a winger) couldnt do any worse?

Good job we won, otherwise team selection on Tues will be interesting Hopefully he'll be playing with all the kids on Tuesday? LAMS TO THE SLAUGHTER
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I agree about Hankinson not getting a chance but Bibby made two try saving tackles and kept their biggest threat pretty quiet tonight
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

jackthelad wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:35 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:25 pm Don’t know why we signed bibby. Hasn’t offered anymore from what we’ve got. Not a fan of sarginson but he’s better
Totally agree, however not to bore you all with my opinion, i have no idea why Lam isn't giving Hank a run out even if it is on the wing ( I know he's not a winger) couldnt do any worse?

Good job we won, otherwise team selection on Tues will be interesting Hopefully he'll be playing with all the kids on Tuesday? LAMS TO THE SLAUGHTER
He will get his opportunity to impress on Tuesday.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Thought Leului had a great game distributing and in defense as did Hastings. French and Faz are different class.
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:55 pm

Its a joke he's had to wait so long for the opportunity?

Tuesday will not be an opportunity to impress with 80% of first choice missing

That said, strange things can happen fingers crossed the lads do the job and come out on top whatever the team selection 👍
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

jackthelad wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:46 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:55 pm

Its a joke he's had to wait so long for the opportunity?

Tuesday will not be an opportunity to impress with 80% of first choice missing

That said, strange things can happen fingers crossed the lads do the job and come out on top whatever the team selection 👍
I don’t understand why you think it is a joke that he has had to wait so long for the opportunity. He is never going to oust Gildart who in my view is probably the best centre in SL. Hardaker doesn’t deserved to be dropped, although I thought he was poor against Wakefield and Bibby has been solid if not spectacular. Having said that, I think that there are places up for grabs against Leeds so there is an incentive for all those who play on Tuesday.

Personally, I think that Hank is a decent squad player but he is never going to be an automatic choice. His biggest fault is his lack of pace and if I was him I would hire a sprint coach. Physically he matches the bill, defensively he is excellent but he doesn’t offer enough in attack. I hope he kills it on Tuesday and makes me eat my words.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Watching Gildart return after his injury is a delight. He is showing what a top class centre offers to the team, his tries/offloads show speed, strength and thinking.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

cherry toffee wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:48 pm I agree about Hankinson not getting a chance but Bibby made two try saving tackles and kept their biggest threat pretty quiet tonight
Bibby has done nothing wrong, peoples gripe is basically he was at salford so isnt good enough.

Johnstones only try last night game when bibby was moved off the wing and replaced by french.

Bibby last night got peppered with kicks which in the main he dealt with and kept one of the best wingers in the comp quiet while playing out of position.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Bibby isn’t as effective on the wing I don’t understand the love Hankinson gets is it the Morgan Escare crowd searching for a new hero?
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Bibby had a good game in defence, arguably saving 2 tries (one where his centre was skinned in the defensive line). On attack, his centre just about never passed him the ball, though he did make 85 metres, mostly driving out from our own half.

His value is that he can fill in at centre or wing, though this leaves him open to criticism from keyboard coaches that he's not a centre when he plays wing, and not a winger when he's centre. He's the kind of decent squad player that we need and showed his value last night.

I don't understand "fans" who enjoy pulling one of "our" players to shreds. Does it make them feel good?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐