Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southportcdm

Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Post by southportcdm »

Just seen this headline on sky sports. Does anybody have any details please?
Caboosegg

Re: Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Post by Caboosegg »

Its amazing isnt it... could have been sold to an english man in brexit britan but that wasnt good enough and its been sold to a European group
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

What’s wrong with that?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Time will tell what's "wrong" with that

The administrators have been under HUGE pressure to find a buyer when it came to light they were raking in over £750k per week - selling players to do this

Are this Spanish consortium any different? The Americans were purely asset strippers after relocating the latics to Leigh and selling the ground et all off to property developers

Another consortium talked about selling the ground for shopping units and playing "on the road" totally against the football leagues rules.

I don't think we will have to wait long to see what this consortium does with no imminent sign of the 7000 or so latics fans.

Even the rugby fans purchasing food (that will have long since had to be disposed of) will not make for good financial reading with nothing coming in no matter how much money or plans this set up has
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:29 pm What’s wrong with that?
Whats right with it? You had IL who had experience running a football club (Oxford) and being chair of the EFL who is known for being financially stable something Latics need but because he owns Wigan Warriors its a no from the vocal fans...
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Real Wigan?

Not really.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ian.birchall wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 am Real Wigan?

Not really.
:D
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Caboose>

I can't say I've followed this lengthy saga closely, but as you really saying that Lenagan was discounted because Latics fans (allegedly? how expressed?) didn't like him? Would the people taking the decisions need, or want to take account of Latics fans' wishes anyway?
jobo

Post by jobo »

moto748 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:02 am Caboose>

I can't say I've followed this lengthy saga closely, but as you really saying that Lenagan was discounted because Latics fans (allegedly? how expressed?) didn't like him? Would the people taking the decisions need, or want to take account of Latics fans' wishes anyway?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:49 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:29 pm What’s wrong with that?
Whats right with it? You had IL who had experience running a football club (Oxford) and being chair of the EFL who is known for being financially stable something Latics need but because he owns Wigan Warriors its a no from the vocal fans...
Did he make an offer? If he did, was the offer equivalent to the Spanish offer? If the answer to either of those questions is a negative then your argument falls.