Time for a reality check

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Time for a reality check

Post by widdenoldboy »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:20 pm We could have started big........ bullough powell clarke faz greenwood and havard would have been my starting 6 in these conditions......... still, i wouldnt ever have tommy kicking long....... his back leg never even leaves the ground ,so how will he ever get power
Not sure his front leg leaves the ground either :) sorry, couldn't resist that one
the pieman

Re: Time for a reality check

Post by the pieman »

i would say that our biggest issue at the minute is that we are or have been missing all of our senior props whether through injury or suspension. The young lads will always give it their all, but need guidance and support from the senior props

there has been lots of mention of Walmsley and Graham, Hill and Coopper etc, but if you took both of them out of the respective packs, then they would struggle with lightweight / younger packs, and we are no different. We havent been playing with all 4 starting props that we would expect to have played

Our biggest issue is that Burgess hasnt been the pack leader we expected because of injury. Clubb and Flower arent the players they were plus both injured / suspensions. Bullock has had injurie plu still WIP in my opinion and seems to have the potential to make it and then Clarke has had mixed reviews based on reading this forum (from MOM to worst player on the pitch in the same game), and hasnt been getting game time.

If we could regularly field any combination of at least 2 of the front line props we would be in a better position, but we arent and have to take what we currently have