Forward Play / Speed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: Forward Play / Speed

Post by lucky 13 »

Partington has worked that out or it's been coached into him? He hits the ball flat he did over 100m last night so did Bullock and Singleton was over 90.
Throw Havard Byrne into the mix and we will be much better.
I was always impressed with Partington the one worry was how he would make yards, he has doggedly desire, maybe it's that a player needs to make it. Bullock just needs a couple of players around him like last night, for me he will then do big minutes and big yards regularly. Singleton did that no nonsense role we need, seeing how long he'd been without a game a great debut.
Surely our main issue last few years is the lack of game time and value from our lead forwards. I'm.not questioning the stuff they have done in the shirt and carrying one to have round the place is maybe worth a contract. But Flower Clubb and now Burgess should have been our pack leaders sadly injury largely robbed us of that same can be said of Greenwood. With Lockers as well that's three to many injury prone middles to carry.
With Batty back next year I would be looking of offloading at the very least three of them. Clubb Lockers seem like good blokes to have around the place in some capacity.
Faz Powel Batty are ready to carry the senior responsibility over the next few years. I never thought I would say this but so does Zak. I guess most would be sad if he fell off from the road he's now on but you can not doubt his commitment on the field. His performance from centre last night is the best I can remember for some time. It wasn't highlight reel stuff just grit and true bloody minded desire.
I was gutted last week but your always only as good as your last game.
I would lose maybe four forwards but we only need along with Batty one good solid big prop.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

lucky 13 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:37 am Partington has worked that out or it's been coached into him? He hits the ball flat he did over 100m last night so did Bullock and Singleton was over 90.
Throw Havard Byrne into the mix and we will be much better.
I was always impressed with Partington the one worry was how he would make yards, he has doggedly desire, maybe it's that a player needs to make it. Bullock just needs a couple of players around him like last night, for me he will then do big minutes and big yards regularly. Singleton did that no nonsense role we need, seeing how long he'd been without a game a great debut.
Surely our main issue last few years is the lack of game time and value from our lead forwards. I'm.not questioning the stuff they have done in the shirt and carrying one to have round the place is maybe worth a contract. But Flower Clubb and now Burgess should have been our pack leaders sadly injury largely robbed us of that same can be said of Greenwood. With Lockers as well that's three to many injury prone middles to carry.
With Batty back next year I would be looking of offloading at the very least three of them. Clubb Lockers seem like good blokes to have around the place in some capacity.
Faz Powel Batty are ready to carry the senior responsibility over the next few years. I never thought I would say this but so does Zak. I guess most would be sad if he fell off from the road he's now on but you can not doubt his commitment on the field. His performance from centre last night is the best I can remember for some time. It wasn't highlight reel stuff just grit and true bloody minded desire.
I was gutted last week but your always only as good as your last game.
I would lose maybe four forwards but we only need along with Batty one good solid big prop.
great post this....... only thing is that partingtons metres were probably doubled by his intercept from halfway
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Oli did 130 from memory Faz around 150 was our top forward Bullock 120 and Singlton 95. Zak and Dom with 170 + also outstanding. Doms best game for ages. I hope he can get some luck with injury and get some speed working his legs for next season still a top player.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

lucky 13 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:38 pm Oli did 130 from memory Faz around 150 was our top forward Bullock 120 and Singlton 95. Zak and Dom with 170 + also outstanding. Doms best game for ages. I hope he can get some luck with injury and get some speed working his legs for next season still a top player.
yea i agree again....... doms best game for a while and did a lot of the unnoticed stuff...... hes been on the receiving end of a lot of pressure recently....albeit from opposing teams trying to test his confidence....... keep it up dom and hopefully his full pace and confidence will return soon
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Zak showed how to catch a ball.

Bibby looked like a rabbit in the headlights.

Was Lockers playing? Only reason I mention this is he usually gives away a few penalties, and last night I didn't spot many...............
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

If Lockers (a workmanlike performance) had missed as many important tackles as Smithies last night he would have been lambasted from every side.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:18 pm If Lockers (a workmanlike performance) had missed as many important tackles as Smithies last night he would have been lambasted from every side.
I’m not sure how long lockers was on the field for but a can’t remember him giving many penalties away for a change
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Its sad when we are looking for how many penalties Lockers gave away when we should be saying he was outstanding which is what you would expect from a high paid Captain :cry: :cry:
pedro

Post by pedro »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:18 pm If Lockers (a workmanlike performance) had missed as many important tackles as Smithies last night he would have been lambasted from every side.
smithies missed 8 tackles, Farrell missed 18, Powell and Partington missed 10
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

pedro wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:43 pm
smithies missed 8 tackles, Farrell missed 18, Powell and Partington missed 10
18. Is that some kind of joke? Surely not. How is that possible.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."