Forward Play / Speed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Forward Play / Speed

Post by Charriots Offiah »

moto748 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:31 pm Oh, of course the bare figures don't tell the whole story, but they are still useful. I imagine for coaches these days, it's all about the GPS.
Well it shouldn’t be, Morley is right the coach needs to form an opinion on the game and the performance of players.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:44 pm
moto748 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:31 pm Oh, of course the bare figures don't tell the whole story, but they are still useful. I imagine for coaches these days, it's all about the GPS.
Well it shouldn’t be, Morley is right the coach needs to form an opinion on the game and the performance of players.
Not sure that's what I was saying, Chariots.

I'm a great believer in stats (as is every professional coach). What goes wrong is when they're misinterpreted - and I don't mean by confusing Marker Tackles with Missed Tackles! John Monie's point illustrates this: the stat giving Offiah 1 missed tackle is correct/fact. The coach needs to interpret it correctly in the context of what a tally happened in the game.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:43 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:44 pm
Not sure that's what I was saying, Chariots.

I'm a great believer in stats (as is every professional coach). What goes wrong is when they're misinterpreted - and I don't mean by confusing Marker Tackles with Missed Tackles! John Monie's point illustrates this: the stat giving Offiah 1 missed tackle is correct/fact. The coach needs to interpret it correctly in the context of what a tally happened in the game.
I think that was what I was trying to say 🙂
moto748

Post by moto748 »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:27 pm

It's worth looking at the Stats Key at the bottom of the page!

I know! I did!