Melbourne vs Canberra SPOILER

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nathan_rugby

Melbourne vs Canberra SPOILER

Post by nathan_rugby »

That second try is a clear example of how you shift the ball from one side to the other, use decoy runners to hold the defence and create space out wide.

Simple yet effective.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Re: Melbourne vs Canberra

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:05 am That second try is a clear example of how you shift the ball from one side to the other, use decoy runners to hold the defence and create space out wide.

Simple yet effective.
definately was...... on a wide hard field the storm are unplayable at times...... game was won in the first 15 mins
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Yeh, Storm blew them away in 15 minutes, pity as I was looking forward to a close game.

Williams played his heart out but Bateman seemed below par - can Bateman play for us this year?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:11 pm Yeh, Storm blew them away in 15 minutes, pity as I was looking forward to a close game.

Williams played his heart out but Bateman seemed below par - can Bateman play for us this year?
ide even release a player to get bateman in...... maybe lockers retire?.... george was the best canberra back for me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pearsy

Re: Melbourne vs Canberra SPOILER

Post by pearsy »

The disallowed try by the fox should have stood if he did not go out of play
moto748

Post by moto748 »

pearsy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:26 pm The disallowed try by the fox should have stood if he did not go out of play
They didn't disallow it for him going out of play, they said he knocked on. Looked a try every day of the week to me. Game lost in the first 15 mins, sure. Great kicking game from Melbourne.

I was following the game on the Raiders' fan site, and they were unanimous in saying George did well in a disappointing performance. Raiders three-quarters are just not good enough. None of them would get in the Melbourne or Penrith teams.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Are the two Storm wingers the best in the world?

Both have amazing games to tries records (For the NRL) and are 24/25.

They both looked unplayable. In open field they caused problems, making hard yards they caused problems, chasing kicks they caused problems and close to the line they couldnt be stopped.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't think there's a better winger than the Fox right now. Never rated Vunivalu quite as highly, but he great today too. Croker will be having nightmares for years about V dummying past him on a foot-wide outside. Nofoaluma had a terrific season.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, have to admit, the Fox is a bit better than Liam Marshall. Probably not as good as Regan Grace, though. :P
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

You not gonna get on top of the storm if you go behind that quickly, there not a team who build a good lead then drop off if anything they put the pressure on even more.
Be interesting who the storm have the as their wingers next season.
Both class but vunivalu is going to union and I’ve heard the fox is looking for a move.