Tonight tonight tonght

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Tonight tonight tonght

Post by Caboosegg »

up the junction wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:54 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:10 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:06 pm Disappointed in Gildart tonight.
Hilarious that some people think he’s good enough for NRL.
Talk about negativity
Bloody hell we just won the Shield
Its my opinion thats all. I wanted to see him improve on last week and he didnt. As i never felt stressed or worried in the game i decided to see how players where playing going into the playoffs.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Just on Gildart, this is really one for the Sky Commentary Again thread, but Phil Clarke was saying, Gildart is back to his very, very best now, and I thought, really? he didn't get a sniff against Saints, and didn't pull up any trees tonight. I take full account that he's coming back from a serious injury, and hasn't had that many games. Carney was sooo disappointed that Saints had been 'pipped'.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And well done to the club. We have taken on the top sides and beaten them, and won more games than anyone else. The trophy could not be more well-deserved.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

A good and well deserved trophy.
Won more games than any other club so the trophy is ours.
Wasn't impressed at all with tonight's game but after last week's massive effort it was probably to be expected.
A week off which will have to be handled well.
Look forward to the semi final.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:53 pm Committed team effort, if not always polished.

Mom could be Hastings, Hardaker, Bullock, Partington, Isa. Bibby had a solid game too and deserves a mention for that tackle.

Ashton Goulding, Leroy Cudjoe and Aidan Sezer were good for Hud too.
Impressed by Hudds all round, they probably handled us better than Saints did, Hudds lack class going forward though. Goulding looked a real class act, Cudjoe shut down our left side attack and McGilvery looked the part.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

moto748 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:22 pm Just on Gildart, this is really one for the Sky Commentary Again thread, but Phil Clarke was saying, Gildart is back to his very, very best now, and I thought, really? he didn't get a sniff against Saints, and didn't pull up any trees tonight. I take full account that he's coming back from a serious injury, and hasn't had that many games. Carney was sooo disappointed that Saints had been 'pipped'.
Where is Carney’s poppy?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Superb effort, can't be all hot and flashy in every game. Hudds I thought were excellent, more so in defence, and difficult to break down. They could play freely without any pressure on them, and had the whole of St Helens shouting for them ! They were worthy opponents, and in a big game, you don't need to score a try on every play, you don't win it in the first 10 minutes, or even the 1st half. The defence was superb and coming out of D I can't remember a single handling error in the whole 80 from anyone. It's that kind of platform you need to build pressure and play set for set, which put us on the front foot and gave us the advantage in that second half, a bit like last week.
Considering what they've been through this year (like some other teams admittedly) it's a well deserved honour to win it this season, in November of all things, which no player is used to when the season normally ends the first week in October ! Big credit due :D
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:53 pm Committed team effort, if not always polished.

Mom could be Hastings, Hardaker, Bullock, Partington, Isa. Bibby had a solid game too and deserves a mention for that tackle.

Ashton Goulding, Leroy Cudjoe and Aidan Sezer were good for Hud too.
Exactly, after last week’s fantastic effort tonight was always going to be a more subdued game. There were probably a lot of tired bodies and minds in cherry and white. Having said that we never looked like losing that match, our defence was good (which is what you need to win a Grand Final, we dominated field position and even though our tries were all short distant efforts we scored three to one. What I found really impressive is that we raised our effort at the 60 minute mark and squeezed the life out of Huddersfield.

Two other quick points, it’s a team that wins trophies not individuals and we won this league by not playing at home after the re-start, Saints had a big advantage by regularly playing in their own pig pen. Let’s enjoy tonight and hopefully press on to the GF. It will take a good team to beat Wigan.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:22 pm Just on Gildart, this is really one for the Sky Commentary Again thread, but Phil Clarke was saying, Gildart is back to his very, very best now, and I thought, really? he didn't get a sniff against Saints, and didn't pull up any trees tonight. I take full account that he's coming back from a serious injury, and hasn't had that many games. Carney was sooo disappointed that Saints had been 'pipped'.
Wigan pipped the brilliant Saint Helens - how good are we then?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:51 pm
Where is Carney’s poppy?
Hmmm