Tonight tonight tonght

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bill.inger

Re: Tonight tonight tonght

Post by bill.inger »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:09 am

Two other quick points, it’s a team that wins trophies not individuals and we won this league by not playing at home after the re-start, Saints had a big advantage by regularly playing in their own pig pen. Let’s enjoy tonight and hopefully press on to the GF. It will take a good team to beat Wigan.
Not according to 50 or more comments on redvee.net. (Hudds v Wigan) Not one favourable word in the entire thread, nothing but slander, vitreolic accusations and bitter hatred of all things Wigan.
Don't you just love it when they've had their arses slapped good and proper.
Sorry for going off thread Morley but it is an interesting read.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

bill.inger wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:10 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:09 am
Two other quick points, it’s a team that wins trophies not individuals and we won this league by not playing at home after the re-start, Saints had a big advantage by regularly playing in their own pig pen. Let’s enjoy tonight and hopefully press on to the GF. It will take a good team to beat Wigan.
Not according to 50 or more comments on redvee.net. (Hudds v Wigan) Not one favourable word in the entire thread, nothing but slander, vitreolic accusations and bitter hatred of all things Wigan.
Don't you just love it when they've had their arses slapped good and proper.
Sorry for going off thread Morley but it is an interesting read.
No need for apology, Just think the whole badge/kit thing is becoming a distraction when we just won a trophy and have 2 massive games coming up.

I agree with you about Saints fans. Been on the Guardian RL comments (a rare treat!). A Saints fan complaining about Powell's try. I pointed out that the ref was in a better position than the camera and he gave the try, albeit rightly let the video ref have a look.

Also, we won 19-6! And, if we'd lost, Saints would have won the trophy on points difference/average when half their games since lockdown have been against academy teams. How fair would that be?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Congrats to the team. Great performance last week and toughed it out this week for the trophy!

Roll on the GF against catalans!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

If you believe Red Vee, The Stains should have been awarded the title before the season had started. I still think that they are the team to beat but if you can smash Walmsley and get in their faces they are not the force that some would have us believe. According to the denizens of RedVee Wigan should be held to a different standard to every other team.
Against Hudds things did not go quite right. We could easily have been a couple of more tries ahead but our timing was not quite there. I am glad that we have had a couple of really difficult games before the play offs and I do wonder how playing in a reserves competition for most of the season will have affected Stains, it could go either way. If they do not win anything again this year every poster on RedVee should be made to copy out the rules for winning the competition just so they know what they are supposed to do rather than the rules that they make up in their minds.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Levrier wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:21 am If you believe Red Vee, The Stains should have been awarded the title before the season had started. I still think that they are the team to beat but if you can smash Walmsley and get in their faces they are not the force that some would have us believe. According to the denizens of RedVee Wigan should be held to a different standard to every other team.
Against Hudds things did not go quite right. We could easily have been a couple of more tries ahead but our timing was not quite there. I am glad that we have had a couple of really difficult games before the play offs and I do wonder how playing in a reserves competition for most of the season will have affected Stains, it could go either way. If they do not win anything again this year every poster on RedVee should be made to copy out the rules for winning the competition just so they know what they are supposed to do rather than the rules that they make up in their minds.
Like on here the redvee website suffers from being an echo chamber. Some of the stuff on there though boggles the mind, apparently vs them we where always offside and every 50/50 went our way and we get away with murder because we are Wigan. Saints follow the rules to a T and never do anything wrong.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Poppies are a British thing, are they not? Carney is not British.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Remembrance poppies are also worn to signify a peaceful future and are worn by people from several Commonwealth countries. Many people who live in the UK, who are not British, wear the poppy as a mark of respect. Personally, I would expect a British TV presenter to show some unity.