Excuse me ... Does anyone know how we won last night !!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
johnsons_babexx

Re: Excuse me ... Does any...

Post by johnsons_babexx »

believe me Luke knows what he did wrong and right and next week i think he will definatly put things that went wrong right. Infact i can see him getting the harry sunderland for man of the match. After the game he was gutted but theres next week to put the record straight and im 100% behind him that he can.
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

the grinch

Post by the grinch »

stains won last year and didn't deserve to so it's not how you play as leeds found out it's scoreing one more point than your opposition when you play bad and still win it's the mark of true champions and this team can become the very best there is..... wigan till i die
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Portsmouth Warrior, my last posting was an explanation of mt opinion of last nights match. I am not having a pop at anyone - just stating how I felt the match went.

Wigan were lucky/flukey, call it what you want, in the fact that at any time Leeds could have come back and won. Who else thought in the last few seconds that Leeds were going to score - I bloody well did and those who watched the match with me did. Yes, Wigan played hard for 80 minutes - I never disputed that fact, but it was too close to call and every credit to both teams for that!!!!

So I thought the purpose of this message board was to state how I felt the match went, like you and many other people have. So whether you took personal offence to a comment about the fact I thought my comments were honest, from the heart and in that respect no I am not blinkered - but I never said anyone else was (if you'd like to read my last posting again....)

Finally, no I haven't played rugby (I don't think it's possible when you can dislocate your knee more times than you have hot meals!), but it doesn't mean I can't have my opinion on how the match went does it????

In order to appreciate art you don't have to paint - I think this may be the same kind of thing.....
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

Calm people calm ... we're there !!!!
Whether by fluke/rub of the green/ luck of the Irish/prayer/lucky charms whatever ...
WE ARE THERE!!!!!!

And - go on be honest how many of you back in April didn't even think we'd make the playoffs -this is like something from a movie...

Yes there were a few dodgey moments - BUT we didn't give up and hung on in ... and unless Greg has accquired a team of robots then player form will fluctuate ... but I'm glad it did on Friday rather next Saturday!
And Leeds are the team that most closely match us in size and experience as the stats for the season show.

I have faith in Mike and Denis ... they have transformed the team ... and the Lads are with them ...that was obvious from the way they dug in deep when it could all have run away from them ...

Lets all be positive !!!! What ever happens this has been a season and a half - and I'm glad I've been part of it!!!!

COME ON WIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

It takes something special for a team to come back in an important match like that when all the pressure has been on them for the last 3 games. The passion, skill and desire is there and thats how you win a Grand Final. Big fat gets'll get you nowhere.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
warriors

Re: Excuse me ... Does anyone ...

Post by warriors »

it wasn't a fluke, we kicked ass. or Carney deffently did. but leeds did play a good game, i show my respect 2 them. an i cant believe that ganson, was a pritty good referre that night. luke messed up abit, but he is a young kid.he will learn where he went wrong 4 the next game.
now we just av 2 beat bulls. that will b a hard game.the way we av played the last games, we should b able 2 beat the bulls, but it will be a close game.
skorpion

Re: Excuse me ... Does anyone ...

Post by skorpion »

How did we win ?? Its simple, we scored more points.I can't believe all the negative replies, were in the final for gods sake.The lads stuck at it for the full 80 minutes, some mistakes, but this was a new experience for most of them. In the words of the song "Things can only get better" I was still shaking with exitement 20 minutes after the final whistle. How I rode my bike home I don't know. Games like this must bring the crowds back.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

You cycled home from Leeds?
skorpion

Post by skorpion »

No it has a motor, 660 cc of raw power, a skorpion by name.