Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by Nezza Faz »

Good piece of business, apart from having a great backline, it's also taking shape to be very entertaining. Hope Gildart is staying, be icing on the cake, but I wonder is that the bad news to follow, or will Covid put paid to any plans to fly 12,000 miles away.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Well chuffed. He is a real quality player.

Didn't follow other fans obsession that he didn't give Wigan enough "respect" and still had affection for Salford and their fans
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Really pleased. Great news!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:56 pm We are only allowed 2 marquee players,Hastings,bateman
It has never once been said that Hastings is taking a marquee slot... that doesn’t mean he isn’t on “marquee” salary though.

George Burgess is and you can probably assume Bateman is given he was probably earning around the equivalent of £250-£300k a year in Aus.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

So does 12 months mean hes off after or are we going to having to negotiate a contract every year?

Glad hes staying just wish it was q bit longer as a team built up around Hastings /field/smith in the halves could be amazing to watch.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Good interview on Wigan TV hinted that Lockers is retiring and had a dig at the social media fans who said he was not loyal to the club .Comes over as a nice chap overall seems settled with the other players and feels he is playing better this season as he has not to be the general in charge.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:42 am So does 12 months mean hes off after or are we going to having to negotiate a contract every year?

Glad hes staying just wish it was q bit longer as a team built up around Hastings /field/smith in the halves could be amazing to watch.
Lets enjoy next season that he is here who knows he might extend if no NRL club comes for him.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

1 year contract, because we don't have a Marquee slot available at the moment. Wigan will move him to a Marquee slot at the end of this contract. If he doesn't get the right offer from the NRL that he always talks about then Hastings and Bateman will be our Marquee players in 2022. regardless of what anyone says I can tell you for a fact that Wigan have not claimed Hastings as one of the Marquee players to the SuperLeague.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If Smith develops, and Field settles in, could Hastings play 13, with Bateman and Faz in the second row? He looks big enough and gets involved in plenty of hard work...
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:15 pm If Smith develops, and Field settles in, could Hastings play 13, with Bateman and Faz in the second row? He looks big enough and gets involved in plenty of hard work...
He has played hooker in his past,apparently........ he always looks very clever in thst position....... im not saying he should be moved ss hes doing really well were he is....... its a great problem to have with all this versatility
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE