SKY SPORTS TO MAKE PLAY-OFF MATCHES AVAILABLE TO SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

SKY SPORTS TO MAKE PLAY-OFF MATCHES AVAILABLE TO SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

Post by josie andrews »

Following discussions with Sky Sports, Betfred Super League can confirm that season ticket holders of the clubs involved in the play-offs will have access to matches on the Our League platform, as has been the case with fixtures since the competition’s return in August.

Betfred Super League thanks Sky Sports for their continued support to our clubs’ season ticket holders and their recognition of the impact of Covid-19.

Super League and Sky Sports value highly the importance of season ticket holders to clubs and have ensured that during the period of behind closed doors games their loyal fans have been able to enjoy watching their team play each week either via Sky Sports or on the Our League platform.

Existing codes issued continue to be valid but season ticket holders should contact clubs if they have not previously received a code.

The Betfred Super League Grand Final on Friday 27 November (8pm KO) will be available only on Sky Sports and Now TV.

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/1 ... t-holders-
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Re: SKY SPORTS TO MAKE PLAY-OFF MATCHES AVAILABLE TO SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

Post by moto748 »

The biggie for me is, will matches be shown on Sky Sports Mix, which I can get, or Sky Sports Arena (etc), which I can't?

For example, it looks like tonight's Wire v Hull match is not on Mix, but tomorrow's Leeds v Catalans game is, so I can watch that if I want. Equally, Wigan's first semi next Thursday is on Mix, so I can watch that, but not the Saints semi the next day.

I can't see that far into the future, but I doubt the Final will be on Mix. That hasn't been a prob in recent years, of course, i could just go myself!

Should Wigan reach the Final, I guess there's the OurLeague option, but for me, that's watching on a laptop instead of the big TV, so not so good.

And of course, it doesn't look like the "go down the pub to watch it" option will be there either.

(Note: all the above is because I'm on Virgin. I understood Sky were supposed to making Mix available to Freeview viewers, but I don't think they've done it yet)
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

moto748 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:02 pm The biggie for me is, will matches be shown on Sky Sports Mix, which I can get, or Sky Sports Arena (etc), which I can't?

For example, it looks like tonight's Wire v Hull match is not on Mix, but tomorrow's Leeds v Catalans game is, so I can watch that if I want. Equally, Wigan's first semi next Thursday is on Mix, so I can watch that, but not the Saints semi the next day.

I can't see that far into the future, but I doubt the Final will be on Mix. That hasn't been a prob in recent years, of course, i could just go myself!

Should Wigan reach the Final, I guess there's the OurLeague option, but for me, that's watching on a laptop instead of the big TV, so not so good.

And of course, it doesn't look like the "go down the pub to watch it" option will be there either.

(Note: all the above is because I'm on Virgin. I understood Sky were supposed to making Mix available to Freeview viewers, but I don't think they've done it yet)
Think ive read that the grand final is on arena and wont be on mix. The article mentioned Now TV but not sure in what context for the final.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

That's my understanding too, Fujiman.

Now TV is merely a mechanism for buying a few days worth of Sky coverage at a time, isn't it?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sky agree OurLeague extension

Next Thursday’s Play-Off match to be streamed free for season ticket holders.
Existing OurLeague codes remain valid – no new code needed.
Grand Final remains exclusive to Sky Sports and Now TV.
Following discussions with Sky Sports, Betfred Super League can confirm that season ticket holders of the clubs involved in the Play-Offs will have access to matches on the OurLeague platform, as has been the case with fixtures since the competition’s return in August.

It means that our home Play-Off Semi Final next Thursday evening (19th November, 7:45pm kick-off) will be available to all season ticket holders via the same streaming method as our regular season fixtures since August.

Betfred Super League thanks Sky Sports for their continued support to our clubs’ season ticket holders and their recognition of the impact of Covid-19.

Super League and Sky Sports value highly the importance of season ticket holders to clubs and have ensured that during the period of behind closed doors games their loyal fans have been able to enjoy watching their team play each week either via Sky Sports or on the OurLeague platform.

Existing codes issued continue to be valid but season ticket holders should contact info@wiganwarriors.com with their name and client code (the seven-digit code found on their season ticket card) if they have not previously received a code.

The Betfred Super League Grand Final on Friday 27th November (8pm kick off) will be available only on Sky Sports and Now TV.

To experience a full interactive display of exciting content that helps to bring our badge and its story to life, visit our badge microsite now.

Be among the first fans to get your hands on the new look by checking out our 2021 home kit and new hummel training kit and travel wear in our online store.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/11/ ... extension/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan