Adrian Lam hopes to know his Wigan Warriors future "in next week or two"

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jackthelad

Re: Adrian Lam hopes to know his Wigan Warriors future "in next week or two"

Post by jackthelad »

Not convinced he has imposed any worth on the squad, all down to individual players brilliance, not his coaching imo

We need to deliver in the GF which will probably get him another season, if not
can't see him staying
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

Who would be a coach. If a team wins it's because of the players efforts, if they lose it's because the coach is crap. :)
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I think he has earned a new deal.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:44 am I think he has earned a new deal.
I think he will get one.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Yes give him another season..... anybody can see we play a much different style than waney nowadays....... this doesnt happen overnight
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jobo

Post by jobo »

Bit intriguing that even with some brilliant signings for next season, Lam and Wigan haven't agreed a new contract.

I'd guess that should Wigan not perform and perform well in the play offs, he won't be offered a new contract.
bertina

Post by bertina »

mickali1 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:04 pm Who would be a coach. If a team wins it's because of the players efforts, if they lose it's because the coach is crap. :)
Exactly. I can’t believe some posters on here. We have just finished top after 17 matches, and some people want the coach sacked. How can you figure that.???
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’ve never been a fan of Lam, think it’s better signings that have got us where we are(signing established players not project ones) but to win the LLS, get to the grand final win it or not he has earned a new contract.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:50 pm I’ve never been a fan of Lam, think it’s better signings that have got us where we are(signing established players not project ones) but to win the LLS, get to the grand final win it or not he has earned a new contract.
And presumably all the "better" signings are a result of Lam being in post, either direct or indirectly ? He, of course, had to pick up the mess left behind after the Edwards fiasco, and interesting to see that Hastings himself has said he's improved his game at Wigan, through Lam's coaching.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Nezza Faz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:27 pm

And presumably all the "better" signings are a result of Lam being in post, either direct or indirectly ?
Well, there's a few things to unpack there. Was Lam being Head Coach a major factor in players making the decision to sign or re-sign? I would have thought, in the case of JB, almost certainly not. In the cases of Field, French and Hastings, possibly.

And then the other question is, how much say does the Head Coach have in the hiring and firing of players? Bearing in mind that it's been alleged (yeah, I hate that passive voice too, but on this occasion...) that that was the reason Wane left.