Adrian Lam hopes to know his Wigan Warriors future "in next week or two"

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Adrian Lam hopes to know his Wigan Warriors future "in next week or two"

Post by nathan_rugby »

jobo wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:42 pm Bit intriguing that even with some brilliant signings for next season, Lam and Wigan haven't agreed a new contract.

I'd guess that should Wigan not perform and perform well in the play offs, he won't be offered a new contract.
This is a potential issue. I truly believe coaches should be involved to some degree. Maybe Wigan are taking w calculated risk but it doesn’t always work out.

So often in Football a manager will make loads of signings, players who regularly play and as soon as a new manager comes in they get frozen out because their style doesn’t suit the new direction.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Let’s be honest players are gonna say anything bad about their coach. Maybe we did attract them players because of Lam, who knows.
I was always dubious how we played against the best teams until we played saints the other week. If he can get us playing like that majority of the games I’m happy to eat my own words.
As long as Wigan are successful and put their al in, I’m happy
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:48 am Let’s be honest players are gonna say anything bad about their coach. Maybe we did attract them players because of Lam, who knows.
I was always dubious how we played against the best teams until we played saints the other week. If he can get us playing like that majority of the games I’m happy to eat my own words.
As long as Wigan are successful and put their al in, I’m happy
If the way Wigan played Salford and Saints is here to stay, Lams doing etc then combined with the LLS and making it to the final and giving it 100% then maybe he should stay.

Credit where credit is due for the LLS but we haven’t played amazing under him, cannot see anything major in the attacking dept other than French and he has lost every big game other than Saints.

Huge misjudgment in team selection and tactics against Leeds in CC Semi. Almost unforgivable and very naive.

It could be down to forwards. Starting with Singleton and Bullock has been a revalation.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Still no ian watson announcement at Huddersfield
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I think Lam is the ideal candidate for 2021. I think he has done an excellent job since day one. Considering his lack of experience as a head coach, I sincerly believe he is building something at the club.

There are certainly more experienced and illustrious names out there but, we should keep the faith IMO :D
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

I think we keep him on a rolling contract and look elsewhere for a more long term replacement.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

It's a done deal.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Charriots Offiah wrote:It's a done deal.
Hopefully not a one year deal. Given everything this season, I think we need some stability going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk