Lockers..The end is coming

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Lockers..The end is coming

Post by DaveO »

Great player. Such a shame after such a long career with the club it must come to an end with no fans able to give him a send off.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:37 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:38 pm Gutted but it’s the right decision. Going to miss seeing him play 💔
Josie, I hope you have managed to wipe the tears away? What about a Lockers flag for 2021 'once a Wiganer always a Wiganer' or something similar - unlike James Graham who buggered off to the other side of the world and Saints fines didn't seem to notice it!
I was sobbing several times last night, especially reading the comments about him from people & other clubs. I think they should retire the 13 now, we will never have another ball playing loose forward to match him.

All his career I’ve had his name & number on my shirts. I’ve listened to constant criticism of him & always wondered if fans can’t see what I’ve seen in him from his days at St Pats. There was always something about him.

When he was in our U18’s academy I told him he would be a future captain, he laughed at the time. How wrong he was 😊

Where would I get a flag printed??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:07 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:38 pm Gutted but it’s the right decision. Going to miss seeing him play 💔
Josie, I hope you have managed to wipe the tears away? What about a Lockers flag for 2021 'once a Wiganer always a Wiganer' or something similar - unlike James Graham who buggered off to the other side of the world and Saints fines didn't seem to notice it!
I was sobbing several times last night, especially reading the comments about him from people & other clubs. I think they should retire the 13 now, we will never have another ball playing loose forward to match him.

All his career I’ve had his name & number on my shirts. I’ve listened to constant criticism of him & always wondered if fans can’t see what I’ve seen in him from his days at St Pats. There was always something about him.

When he was in our U18’s academy I told him he would be a future captain, he laughed at the time. How wrong he was 😊

we used to use barmy flags
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Good question, does anyone know where the other flags erected on the South Stand came from? That’s where I thought it might get displayed, so it can act as a constant reminder to everyone who attends our home games what an outstanding person and class act Sean O’Loughlin is.

You should have been his manager Josie, I’ve seen you in your shirt many times, can’t see why you would change just because Sean has retired.
Charriots Offiah

DaveO wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:35 pm Great player. Such a shame after such a long career with the club it must come to an end with no fans able to give him a send off.
I agree, we will have to make up for it next season.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Good question, does anyone know where the other flags erected on the South Stand came from? That’s where I thought it might get displayed, so it can act as a constant reminder to everyone who attends our home games what an outstanding person and class act Sean O’Loughlin is.

You should have been his manager Josie, I’ve seen you in your shirt many times, can’t see why you would change just because Sean has retired.
I said that the other year to him before he signed for another year that I would still put his name & number on my shirts even when he finished playing 😂😂
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:55 pm

What is the best thing to put on it? Any ideas please 😊
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:17 pm
pedro wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:55 pm

What is the best thing to put on it? Any ideas please 😊
Once a Warrior always a Warrior
pedro

Post by pedro »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:17 pm

barmy flags, thats where we are wigan came from also
Oldprop

Post by Oldprop »

Could use my granddaughters description of Sean when she saw him approaching her school, Look granddad it’s Captain Fantastic
it made Sean smile.