Lockers..The end is coming

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Lockers..The end is coming

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Oldprop wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:27 pm Could use my granddaughters description of Sean when she saw him approaching her school, Look granddad it’s Captain Fantastic
it made Sean smile.
:D . To cap it all off, I hope we will see him holding the SL trophy aloft in Hull. However, fairy tales rarely happen, or do they?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Great player, deserves all the accolades gone his way from the greats of the game.
But serious question, should his apparent readiness now give him a slot in the team v Hull ? Should we take a risk on changing a winning team to include him or could it backfire ? It's a S/Final knock out game, the loser goes home, so no room for sentiment ?
Will he bring more positives to the side, despite his lengthy absences, or inspire them to a GF ? More questions than answers !
I can't decide either way :? :?:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Nezza Faz wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:27 pm Great player, deserves all the accolades gone his way from the greats of the game.
But serious question, should his apparent readiness now give him a slot in the team v Hull ? Should we take a risk on changing a winning team to include him or could it backfire ? It's a S/Final knock out game, the loser goes home, so no room for sentiment ?
Will he bring more positives to the side, despite his lengthy absences, or inspire them to a GF ? More questions than answers !
We have to change a winning team as GB is not up to it sadly. The question is who comes in? Lockers, Byrne, Smith, Shorrocks, Clark? Lockers seems to be the right choice to me.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'd have thought the last three on your list were very much outside bets.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:23 am
Nezza Faz wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:27 pm Great player, deserves all the accolades gone his way from the greats of the game.
We have to change a winning team as GB is not up to it sadly. The question is who comes in? Lockers, Byrne, Smith, Shorrocks, Clark? Lockers seems to be the right choice to me.
Who dropped out from the Saints game so lockers could play? Greenwood?

If lockers is fit he will get a game but we cannot afford Clubb, Lockers and Burgess on the bench.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

It is a disgrace that he has never been Man of Steel.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Southern Softy wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:50 pm It is a disgrace that he has never been Man of Steel.
I agree, because it’s been fixed up to last year!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WWRLfan

Post by WWRLfan »

A great player that will be missed and hard to replace. Feel the decision for him to retire is the right one, though.