Hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Hastings

Post by nathan_rugby »

After the new contract, his interview last week, his performance tonight and his interview just then....

It’s time for everyone to shut their mouths, stop the b1tching, stop the rumours and get behind the lad because he’s class, he gives his all on the pitch and he is proud to play for us.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
jobo

Re: Hastings

Post by jobo »

He's a belter.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:48 pm After the new contract, his interview last week, his performance tonight and his interview just then....

It’s time for everyone to shut their mouths, stop the b1tching, stop the rumours and get behind the lad because he’s class, he gives his all on the pitch and he is proud to play for us.
Only a few nathan....... hes class and wasted at 9....... although he did brilliant........ faz quiet without him by his side unfortunately
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Interesting that Lammy just said that is always thought Jackson was a 9. He then seemed to let slip that Jackson would play there next week before covering himself by saying he'd wait and see how the players went in the week. Does anybody know the details of Sam P's situation?
Last edited by southportcdm on Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Regardless of whether Powell returns or plays in the grand final, credit to Jackson for putting his hand up and playing 9 in such a vital game. Didn't look out of place and made 50+ tackles if Baz is correct :D
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Powell will return.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We knew he'd play 9 though didn't we? He's done it a lot for us this year, and he's always been the one to cover that position. I'm amazed if anyone in the game would be surprised if it's not the same in the GF if we've not got powell.

I hope powell comes back because although Hastings does a great job in the role, I'd rather see him do a great job in the halves.

Iits fantastic he's decided to stay another year. If he wants 9 more 1 year deals I'd be fine with that!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mike wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:29 am We knew he'd play 9 though didn't we? He's done it a lot for us this year, and he's always been the one to cover that position. I'm amazed if anyone in the game would be surprised if it's not the same in the GF if we've not got powell.

I hope powell comes back because although Hastings does a great job in the role, I'd rather see him do a great job in the halves.

Iits fantastic he's decided to stay another year. If he wants 9 more 1 year deals I'd be fine with that!
I don’t think it was obvious he was going to play 9. Filling in for brief periods in the second half is different to starting and playing the full game at hooker.

In attack we missed his kicking game, threat with breaking the line and link up play with Farrell/Bevan. That being said we scored a few tries outwide so it didn’t impact that side of things too much.

They must either think Smith is too much like Hastings which is why they don’t seem to play in the halves together much OR Tommy at his age cannot defend in the middle for 80 mins and do 50 tackles.

I really worry for our kicking game in the final though. It was awful last night.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pedro

Post by pedro »

yet out best kicker is smith
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

pedro wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:17 am yet out best kicker is smith
Not on last nights viewing.
- Kick out on the full without any pressure
- High kicks landing 20m out rather than on the goal line