Phil clarke classic

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Phil clarke classic

Post by Firestarter »

It would be the biggest shock, the biggest upset,in 25 years of super league history if catalans can beat saints...........oh but they did it two years ago in the cup final..........get a grip man
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CheshireWarrior

Re: Phil clarke classic

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Am I the only person who thinks, Jon Wells talks sense? I like the banter between Baz n Tez and Carney isn't too bad as a presenter. Think Clarke makes a t*t of himself on many an occasion! :lol:
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Jon wells isn’t biased to anyone, he just says how it is. The other three make me want to fall asleep there that boring. Clarke has been any good either, wasn’t so long ago it was Wigan this, Wigan that. Even as a Wigan fan even that made me cringe and got on my nerves 😄
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I like wells...... very honest ,unbiased guy....... carney n clarke were great players but poor in a commentary team
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:37 pm I like wells...... very honest ,unbiased guy....... carney n clarke were great players but poor in a commentary team
Agree with that mainly, but I think Carney is a decent anchor man presenter, but Clarke :oops: :geek:
I too like Wells (despite his Cas connections) summarises well, speaks well and as you say, is honest and unbiased.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Baz & Tez need to take a break. Carney is excellent and I can tolerate Clarke.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Carney - Does his role well
Clarke - Too simple and basic, doesn't really add any value
Wells - Agree with others that he does his job well
Baz and Tez - Too simple, rubbish at commentating, need replacing ASAP
Bill Arthur - What is his role again and why do we need him?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Terry O’Connor & Barry McDermot are the worst commentators ever! They talk a load of shite! They really do! They definitely need replacing. They spoil the enjoyment of the game, why they need three commentators plus Wells & Clarke is beyond me

They were speaking about the incident between Griffin & Partington. And even tho Griffin ran at least 10yards towards Ollie, who wasn’t even involved in the tackle between Taylor and Isa, slaps him hard on the head, not taps, but hard slaps, they condone it because last season, Ollie did it to someone he’d tackled & lost the ball!

The thing is, Partington, who is still a kid don’t forget, was penalised for doing it last season & got a warning from the disciplinary committee. Griffin is an experienced player & should know better.

Can we not have someone like Jon Wilkin, Jon Wells, Jason Robinson or Kevin Brown even!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan