Sky Commentary AGAIN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Sky Commentary AGAIN

Post by Mike »

moto748 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:16 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:22 am
I look forward to next weeks complaints about various phrases used on Sky, mentions of the opposiitons strengths or injuries and the ex Wigan players that everyone has a problem with with great relish. Could someone criticise their hair perhaps? that would be great! After all, what counts at the end of the day is what the commentary team said, how they said it and what they were wearing at the time.
Obviously it doesn't bother you, but clearly many posters (myself included) disagree. During the Saints game, how many times did they say, if Saints just win this match, they will take the LLS? And how many times did they say that if Wigan won, they would take the LLS? Precisely none, as I recall.

Obviously, another option is to turn the volume down...
Key phrase. As you recall.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 pm Scott taylor shown the door?!? He wanted to leave. Terry needs to get his facts right. Prat
Yeh, I was raging at that ignorant comment! IIRC Scott moved home due to his Mrs being homesick - for Hull :lol: Surely thats a more entertaining story and happens to be true!
wontoofree

Post by wontoofree »

endoman wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:08 pm I live outside the Wigan bubble, and found nothing wrong with commentary tonight, really enjoyed Sean Long as well. I hear zero rugby talk or Wigan accents in my life so it's very refreshing.
I live in Glasgow and completely agree with your post
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'm supprised nobody's picked up on the Ellery Hanley retiring comment - how wigan were worried how we'd replace him when he retired. Because he transfered to Leeds, he didn't retire. We could have kept him if we wanted.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Mike wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:31 pm I'm supprised nobody's picked up on the Ellery Hanley retiring comment - how wigan were worried how we'd replace him when he retired. Because he transfered to Leeds, he didn't retire. We could have kept him if we wanted.
What Clarke also gets wrong is that there was already a leader at Wigan at the time when Hanley left, Shaun Edwards.
Peoples opinions might of changed on him now, including myself, but as player and a leader he was phenomenal. One of the best half’s I’ve seen in my era.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The commentators need an upgrade. I don't mind Bill Arthur but not too keen on the rest. SKY could recruit radio commentators as they are generally very good. One name, Phil Kinsella, intelligent, articulate with good grammar and real knowledge of the game.
As for the summerisers that's another matter altogether. Last night's were Barry and Terry who are beyond dreadful and need to be cut loose.
SKY have access to far better summerisers with Wells, Wilkin, and now Sean Long, Clarke is better behind the mic rather than in front of the camera. Shenton need to be recruited who is excellent. Carney is a good anchor.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:22 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:31 pm I'm supprised nobody's picked up on the Ellery Hanley retiring comment - how wigan were worried how we'd replace him when he retired. Because he transfered to Leeds, he didn't retire. We could have kept him if we wanted.
What Clarke also gets wrong is that there was already a leader at Wigan at the time when Hanley left, Shaun Edwards.
Peoples opinions might of changed on him now, including myself, but as player and a leader he was phenomenal. One of the best half’s I’ve seen in my era.
Wasnt dean bell our natural leader when ellery left? I remember mean dean outplaying hanley at loose( which dean was just as comfortable playing)...,,. We never looked back when dean took over
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

It was Terry, not Phil. I don't think Phil would have got that wrong.

And "as I recall"(!) Edwards was in no way universally liked as a player at Wigan. In his early and middle career he was regularly booed from the side stands for "running sideways not forwards"!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Classic tonight from Terry Saints scored 8 points when Catalan were down to TEN men (Maloney sin bin) is he watching the wrong sport .
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Mike wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:49 pm

It was Terry, not Phil. I don't think Phil would have got that wrong.

And "as I recall"(!) Edwards was in no way universally liked as a player at Wigan. In his early and middle career he was regularly booed from the side stands for "running sideways not forwards"!
He can’t of been that bad, he was at Wigan 14 years. We had bell, Edwards then Farrell.