Forwards vs Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Forwards vs Saints

Post by nathan_rugby »

Looks like Flower has torn his Hamstring with the way he limped off and I for one am gutted. He was a real handful when he came on, a proper impact off the bench.

Who replaces him? Greenwood for me.

My worry of Lockers, Clubb and Burgess being in the same squad could actually happen which really impacts our firepower, workrate etc. Hopefully this is mitigated somewhat by Singleton playing the 80? He did didn’t he?

Does anyone have the stats for our forwards last night ? Minutes, carries, meters, tackles ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
lucky 13

Re: Forwards vs Saints

Post by lucky 13 »

Flower looked done which has been a issue last few years with Lockers Clubb and now Burgess just not giving us bang for buck game wise.
I think you can see if he had been surrounded by a few more forwards like now how Flower could play. Hes been very good last few games and we will miss him. Clubb also played OK but for me he looks like his body is shot.
Hope that shoulder hit does not get looked at from Singo ... a brain fart with the game in the bag. He's made a big impact since he arrived.
No stats yet but Singo played first 30 and came back for last 20.
Last edited by lucky 13 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Greenwood for Flower would be fine. Greenwood was pretty much our best forward when we played Saints a few weeks ago...
pedro

Post by pedro »

I thought lockers was class last night, when he found his feet he was being a great pivot
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I don't get the locker bang for buck comment while we didnt get the opportunity to see a bit of his old magic passing, he played very well.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Lockers link up play was great, solid in defence and no penalties or errors which is great.

Didn't take enough drives in for me, and he will need to increase that output vs saints.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:15 am Lockers link up play was great, solid in defence and no penalties or errors which is great.

Didn't take enough drives in for me, and he will need to increase that output vs saints.
Well he can certainly leave nothing on the field. Last game he can empty the tank.

Greenwood for Flower would be a safe bet too. Gutted for Flower as I am a fan.
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

Shame if Benny misses out. He’s made an impact off the bench in the last few games. Greenwood deserves the place on the back of his performance against Saints.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:42 am I don't get the locker bang for buck comment while we didnt get the opportunity to see a bit of his old magic passing, he played very well.
Bang for buck quote was not aimed at Lockers soley but at us carrying four players who have played few games this season while in all likelihood taking quite a chunk out of our cap.
I would be fine carrying Lockers hes earned that but you can't afford to carry two more and now three with Burgess who are likely to be missing games regular.
Nothing more Lockers could do in the shirt a legend.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I'm assuning that Sam P is playing when I make these suggestions - Bench should be Smithies, Lockers, Greenwood and Smith. I'd go with Smith because he gives us some variation plus protects against game changing injuries to the halfbacks/hooker. He also gives us the option of spelling Sam or Tommy if required. I'd would have gone for another prop if we had a good one that was match fit. Sadly George doesn't fit the bill and I'm not sure that Clubb does either. If Byrne was fit I'd go with him before Clubb or Smith. At the moment Lockers offers more than Clubb. If Lockers was fully fit he could cover at 6 in an emergency and I wouldn't include a back on the bench but I don't think Lockers can play sufficient minutes next week. Glad it's not my decision, it's nice to play at being a coach but the stress of having to get it right must be immense.

P.S. If Singleton is banned were really are struggling. What an inspired signing he's been so far.