Pongia to wigan?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriorjon

Re: Pongia to wigan?

Post by warriorjon »

Do have a few contacts within S.L. clubs but sadly non at Wigan yet! It just seemed like the most common sence option to me and i think this signing could be a major boost to our Super League aspirations. We now have 4 props who can mix it at the top level and who wont be intimidated by the likes of Bradford. We also have Bibey if needed. This will give us a chance to spell the props and i think give us that extra depth that we have thus far lacked this season. He is also going to want to put up a good show as he will be looking for 1 last contract when the season is over.Again think this is a sign that the board are using there heads rather than there wallets when making the signings which all boads well for the future.
Dorsey

Re: Re: Pongia to wigan?

Post by Dorsey »

Totally agree with what you say wj, I think my initial reaction was to the guys age, no disrespect to all you fit 33 year olds out there,but I was just wondering what they were doing considering a bloke who is coming to the end of his career however the more I think about it the more sense it makes and in the short term can only do us good. Can't quite see Quentin, Quentin give us a wave catching on though!
MrsLam

Re: Re: Re: Pongia to wigan?

Post by MrsLam »

Oh well looks like we'll have to give him a chance! You never know, he might have always desperatley wanted to play for wigan and put on the show of his life.........good luck quentin!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Dorsey

Re: Re: Re: Pongia to wig...

Post by Dorsey »

Just had to find this post to say that I unreservedly take back everything I said about QP way back in June, the guy has been awesome and I am now SO glad he plays for us.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Hes done well hasnt he, not picked up any injuries either i dont think. Thats what we needed early on, someone big and reliable.
June seems ages ago now!!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Certainly, he has silenced the many critics. I liked it best against the Sinners when early on they were trying to push Craig Smith back and he dashed in and pushed everyone back to the opposition tryline!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Pongia gave us stability when we needed it and we were about to start fielding St. Pats due to the number of injuries (joke). But seriously, he is getting a little on the older side of rugby. However, Lam is also knocking on for a rugby player and how many of you want to keep him??????
My dad is 54 in just under three weeks and physically very fit...can we sign him and give him lots of money and a sponsored car too please????? One season will do, I think he may consider retiring then.