O’Loughlin: Proud of this team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

O’Loughlin: Proud of this team

Post by josie andrews »

Sean O’Loughlin reflects on his final game for Wigan Warriors in the Grand Final defeat against St Helens.

O’Loughlin: “I thought the effort was unbelievable, it was 50/50 all the way through the game but someone had to lose.”

Watch the full interview on Wigan TV.

Sean O’Loughlin says he is ‘proud’ of the effort shown by Wigan Warriors in the Betfred Super League Grand Final defeat to St Helens.

Friday night’s game saw the Warriors captain bow out after an illustrious 19-year career at his hometown club.

Despite not adding another Super League crown to his glittering collection in his final game, he was still pleased by how the team performed.

Speaking to Wigan TV after the game, he said: “I thought the effort was unbelievable, it was 50/50 all the way through the game but someone had to lose, and it was us so I’m gutted. I was proud to be a part of that team.”

O’Loughlin, 38, backs the current squad to bounce back stronger next year, as he moves into a coaching staff role.

“It’s obviously devastating, but you have to dust yourself down. I obviously won’t get another crack at it, but the experience will make the boys even more hungry.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/11/ ... this-team/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan