Josh Charney

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Josh Charney

Post by DaveO »

Barney841 wrote:I think marshy will be fine. Forget manfredi as I do think he’s done. So we’ve got marshy, burgess and bibby, who I think had done nothing wrong just lacks that but of pace. French can play on the wing and where’s field gonna play
Isn’t Burgess leaving? As to Bibby the fact he lacks a bit of pace is a bit crucial for a winger. It’s because we have such players we come up short.

So as far as I can see we have one established winger of note in Marshall who is crocked. Manfredi who is crocked and Bibby who is too slow even though he isn’t crocked!

We went from having four wingers Marshall, Burgess, Davis and Manfredi with one out inured in Manfredi, to one fit stand in winger in Bibby who is too slow.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I love how these comments are

Marshall will be lucky to get back to his best next year

Manfredi (who came back from a similar injury) hasnt been his best this year and is crocked.

Next year is make or break for Manfredi but to say hes had it is a tad unfair we stook by a crocked Tomkins who 2 years later showed he was still brilliant (just before going catalan)

I cant see charnley coming back, hes a guaranteed start at wire where as if Marshal and Manfredi recover hes not at wiga
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:40 am I think marshy will be fine. Forget manfredi as I do think he’s done. So we’ve got marshy, burgess and bibby, who I think had done nothing wrong just lacks that but of pace. French can play on the wing and where’s field gonna play
Based on what will Marshy be fine? How could you possibly know that?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Josh is contracted at Wire till 2022. Now we all know that when the NRL come knocking contracts count for very little, but I can't see Wire releasing him to join us without a sizeable transfer fee changing hands. Much as I'd love to have him back, there aren't many better out and out finishers in the game, I agree that we're a touch light when it comes to wingers with Budgie leaving. Bibby, for a centre hasn't done badly on the wing but as it stands if we needed to field a side next week, we don't actually have a winger available. We'd likely be lining up with Bibby on one wing and French on the other.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

What is this big obsession with re-signing former players with certain fans, Jesus christ just let it go, Move on and enjoy exciting new players instead of ones who where let go due to not being up to standard anymore.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

medlocke wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:38 am What is this big obsession with re-signing former players with certain fans, Jesus christ just let it go, Move on and enjoy exciting new players instead of ones who where let go due to not being up to standard anymore.
Well said
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:49 am
Barney841 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:40 am I think marshy will be fine. Forget manfredi as I do think he’s done. So we’ve got marshy, burgess and bibby, who I think had done nothing wrong just lacks that but of pace. French can play on the wing and where’s field gonna play
Just being positive. Not being a misery guts like you
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:29 pm
Misery guts?

Its a very serious injury. He may not even play much next year, may lose speed, may lose confidence, may be more likely to injure it again.

Hopefully he will be fine and the club will know the risks, his recovery etc and will probably factor that into decisions on whether they sign a winger.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:56 pm
Barney841 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Misery guts?

Its a very serious injury. He may not even play much next year, may lose speed, may lose confidence, may be more likely to injure it again.

Hopefully he will be fine and the club will know the risks, his recovery etc and will probably factor that into decisions on whether they sign a winger.
It is serious. But he is young and there is no reason why he can’t recover from it. If it was like manfredi who has suffered 3 of these injuries, I probably wouldn’t be as positive.
As we can see manfredi is a shadow of his former self, so let’s hope marshy doesn’t end up the same
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'd have Josh back. I had no idea awhy we moved him on in the first place. Personality clash with Wane I think.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐