Farrell Duo.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
pedro

Re: Farrell Duo.

Post by pedro »

the pieman wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:29 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:50 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:25 pm

He doesn’t need to convert, rugby league was his game the only reason he ended up in Union was due to his dad. He never wanted to leave Wigan and always had a desire to play for Wigan.
I think you find he will! If you seriously telling me you think we could sign Owen Farrell bang him at centre (presumably) and pretend he has been playing SL for the last 10 years your sadly mistaken! Luther Burrell springs to mind! Owen Farrell has spent his professional career playing Union and Andy hasn't coached in League. Id rather take a punt on Andy on the coaching staff than Owen personally.

Besides which why would Owen Farrell want to join us now? I'm willing to bet his is still on mega bucks playing in the RFU second division!
i think the big difference between Farrell and Burrell is that Farrell had a league background before he was taken to RU. yes it was 15 years or so ago, and things have moved on but IMO he would more likely succeed in league than Burrell. However, i do agree with the general sentiments that there are no guarantees he would be a success and more importanly would be take a massive paycut to come and play at Wigan
burrelll started at RL, hence thats why he said it
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

If Owen wins the World Cup or not, I still don’t think we should sign him. He’s pushing 30 and if he wanted to have a go at RL he should of done it at least 2 or 3 years ago.
Andy would definitely be worth a punt. Played the game his whole life at the top level and is well respected
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I always imagined if Owen came in he would play 13
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

A good rumour.
Owen could play in the Union off season I suppose, where would Andy Farrell fit into this?
Although Owen's fee would count on the financial balance sheet he wouldn't cost anything on the salary cap.
As rumours go it's a pretty good one!
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:18 pm As rumours go it's a pretty good one!
I agree

No fun without rumours but I for one would rather leave him, where he is and sign experienced quality or highly rated up and comers than on wages for someone who may have always wanted to have played for Wigan, but couldn't wait to go to union to follow the money. There is the crux. If he comes it is for the money and nothing else
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I tend to agree with a lot of comments on this one. It's a good rumour and a risk. But it's a relatively cheap one cap wise. It's certainly a headline grabber and would be worth quite a bit exposure wise. The other thing this is dependant on results balanced against how much they both want it to happen.
If its something they have both decided they want to do then it may not be financially motivated, I believe their stock would still be high union wise. I always thought Owen would be a 13 but the games changed now.
I would imagine that there's some truth in this and not impossible..
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Although cheap on the cap it still costs Wigan money. We’ve just lost a huge chunk of revenue because of no fans, the sky deal apparently gets smaller and our owner pumps his own money in at the best of times to balance the books.

Not gonna happen.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

lucky 13 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:24 am I tend to agree with a lot of comments on this one. It's a good rumour and a risk. But it's a relatively cheap one cap wise. It's certainly a headline grabber and would be worth quite a bit exposure wise. The other thing this is dependant on results balanced against how much they both want it to happen.
If its something they have both decided they want to do then it may not be financially motivated, I believe their stock would still be high union wise. I always thought Owen would be a 13 but the games changed now.
where this "rumour" came from... Cant get much higher within the club. I believe him when he says that Wigan want it. IF Wigan manage to pull it off that's the main factor, but from within the club they WANT it to happen, I cant personally see it happening any time soon but the person who mentioned it to me would 100% know the clubs future plans / feelings
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:16 am Although cheap on the cap it still costs Wigan money. We’ve just lost a huge chunk of revenue because of no fans, the sky deal apparently gets smaller and our owner pumps his own money in at the best of times to balance the books.

Not gonna happen.
No doubt it will cost the club, maybe with the two new backers on board that's not the issue. I think balancing the books is some way off ever happening. The fact IL was after the stadium shows he's still willing to invest or someone is. Even if this is a pipe dream it's a decent one.
If Lams side hopefully continue on their improved path we may not want them this time next year!
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:00 am
lucky 13 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:24 am I tend to agree with a lot of comments on this one. It's a good rumour and a risk. But it's a relatively cheap one cap wise. It's certainly a headline grabber and would be worth quite a bit exposure wise. The other thing this is dependant on results balanced against how much they both want it to happen.
where this "rumour" came from... Cant get much higher within the club. I believe him when he says that Wigan want it. IF Wigan manage to pull it off that's the main factor, but from within the club they WANT it to happen, I cant personally see it happening any time soon but the person who mentioned it to me would 100% know the clubs future plans / feelings
I am more interested in the new prop