Players Leaving

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Players Leaving

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Ben flowers signed for leigh I believe.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:42 pm Ben flowers signed for leigh I believe.
Yes, just seen a facebook post from the club confirming he is leaving and joining Leigh
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:02 pm So if it the following:

Chris Hankinson
Joe Burgess
Sean O'Loughlin
Ben Flower
Mitch Clark
Morgan Escare
Jarrad Sammut
Romain Navarette
Jack Wells
Craig Mullen
Josh Woods

There are clearly a few departures here but, if we look at each player, they are all replaceable, out of form, too old or just not broken into the first team with major impact IMO.
You could maybe add, not given a fair crack, or face didn't fit at particular times

Every player is replacable at some point in their career its the harsh truth of sport
Smithy82

Post by Smithy82 »

Escare and sammat left wigan permanently ages ago
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

jackthelad wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:45 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:02 pm So if it the following:

Chris Hankinson
Joe Burgess
Sean O'Loughlin
Ben Flower
Mitch Clark
Morgan Escare
Jarrad Sammut
Romain Navarette
Jack Wells
Craig Mullen
Josh Woods

There are clearly a few departures here but, if we look at each player, they are all replaceable, out of form, too old or just not broken into the first team with major impact IMO.
You could maybe add, not given a fair crack, or face didn't fit at particular times

Every player is replacable at some point in their career its the harsh truth of sport
From the above list (all things considered), I only think Morgan Escare and Jarrod Sammut might have either developed slightly or contributed to the matchday 17 when playing but the other are either fringe players, not good enough or are too old.
Mouse13

Post by Mouse13 »

Moley now talking about GB having to retire due to the hip.
Adlington ARLFC 1988-1992
Adlington Rangers ARLFC 1992-2009
Chorley Panthers ARLFC 2009-2011
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

ANOTHER BURGESS ON BRINK OF RETIREMENT
Tom Burgess could be the last member of league's famous English brothers left standing in 2021.

Tom had a great season with Souths this year but twin brother George is struggling with a hip injury and was barely sighted for English club Wigan.

The 28-year-old - one of the heroes of South Sydney's 2014 premiership win - played just seven games and battled to get through them.

George still has two years left on his contract at Wigan on good money, but a medical retirement may be on the cards.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mole-garet ... 41ab77f3b
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
doc

Post by doc »

Medical Retirement for Burgess could be a win-win for the player and the club depending on what insurance policies are in place.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

The speculation around Burgess having a similar genetic type of injury that forced Sam's retirement is concerning. Will be interesting to see if George can return to full fitness. I dont think anyone needs to spend 5 years studying a medical degree though to see that either way, something isn't right at all. Shame, I for one had huge HUGE expectations of George.