Leeds Rhinos legend Kevin Sinfield "blown away" as fundraising efforts for Rob Burrow and MND Association surpass £500,0

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Leeds Rhinos legend Kevin Sinfield "blown away" as fundraising efforts for Rob Burrow and MND Association surpass £500,0

Post by josie andrews »

AN EMOTIONAL Kevin Sinfield was "blown away" after his fundraising efforts for Rob Burrow and the Motor Neurone Disease Association surpassed £500,000 on Saturday.

The Leeds Rhinos legend completed his fifth of seven marathons in seven days inside three hours and 43 minutes on Saturday and was greeted at the finish by Burrow and his family.

The former Rhinos half-back was diagnosed with MND 12 months ago and Sinfield decided to run seven marathons in as many days in aid of his close friend and the MND Association.

At the time of writing, the fundraising had hit an astonishing £536,154, 689 per cent above the original £77,777 target.

Sinfield had to take a minute to compose himself when greeted by Burrow, after another emotional day for the Rhinos director of rugby.

"When I ran into Headingley and I saw him, I didn't stop straight away because I would have been a mess," said Sinfield.

"I had a minute to gather myself but for him to be here was really, really special."

He continued: "I am completely blown away by the whole thing, I just want to thank everybody.

When I was told en route we had reached half a million, I didn't really respond because I thought I was going to burst into tears again.

"I don't know if it is because I am tired or not sleeping well, or whatever it is, it is quite emotional out there at the minute.

"To hear we have hit half a million, is unbelievable. I am so grateful and thankful."

Sinfield was happy to complete another marathon in under four hours, considering he was running on an unknown route.

He has two more marathons to undertake and he is determined to fight through the fatigue.

"I am really happy with that again. It was a new course today, I didn't really know what to expect and there was a couple of big hills thrown in there," he said.

"The weather has been great and the support has been fantastic again.

"I am really pleased. I am in the unknown anyway but I was a little bit apprehensive to run a course I had never done before.

"I am delighted, to do five in a row is great and I know the route for tomorrow, so I will get the body back together and get ready to run.

“ I am feeling it now but I knew that would be the case at some stage. I have just got to fight and get through it."

Sinfield was joined on parts of his run by Jamie Peacock and Rhinos captain Luke Gale.

He added: "JP [Peacock] today was brill and then Galey later on. One famous number seven to another, that was really nice.

"The team again has been fantastic and I am looking forward to getting tomorrow done."

To make a donation, visit: https://justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sinfield-7-in-7

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... 00-3058837
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Leeds Rhinos legend Kevin Sinfield "blown away" as fundraising efforts for Rob Burrow and MND Association surpass £5

Post by josie andrews »

Congratulations & Well Done Kevin Sinfield 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Incredible support from Kevin for his friend Rob.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
ian.birchall

Re: Leeds Rhinos legend Kevin Sinfield "blown away" as fundraising efforts for Rob Burrow and MND Association surpass £5

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:31 pm Congratulations & Well Done Kevin Sinfield 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Incredible support from Kevin for his friend Rob.
Now past a £million and still counting.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Brilliant effort all round for a great cause. 7 marathons in 7 days, in this weather too. Sinfield gone up in my estimation, both for his fitness and motivation behind it.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Well done "Sir Kev"! The emotion and clear desire and determination to help a mate show the true RL community spirit.

The £1.5 million now reached is great too, but worth almost as much is the piece on the main BBC news: positive coverage of RL on the main 6 o' clock news!! What would that be worth?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kevin Sinfield running seven marathons in seven days & beating the global average marathon time of
4 hours and 21 minutes, on all seven occasions!

Raising more 1.8 million pounds to help research into a disease that is slowly killing one of his best friends

1 - 3hrs 39mins
2 - 3hrs 38mins
3 - 3hrs 34mins
4 - 3hrs 44mins
5 - 3hrs 43mins
6 - 3hrs 48mins
7 - 3hrs 41mins

Gone up a hundredfold in my estimation of him. What a fantastic achievement.

Well Done doesn’t seem to cover it! 👏🏼👏🏼
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Never liked him as a player but he has gone above and beyond for his mate you can't argue with that.Gone past 2 million now
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pearsy wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:09 pm Never liked him as a player but he has gone above and beyond for his mate you can't argue with that.Gone past 2 million now
I never liked him as a player either, but you cannot fault his determination to help Rob 😊
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I rated him as a player...... i still do
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:17 pm I rated him as a player...... i still do
As did I,got a bit of flack on here back in the day for saying so as well :lol: