Shorrocks and Woods leave Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Shorrocks and Woods leave Wigan

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors can confirm that Jake Shorrocks and Josh Woods have both left the Club permanently.

After making his debut in 2015, 25-year-old Shorrocks made 28 appearances for the Warriors. The Wigan Academy graduate has also had spells at Workington Town, Swinton Lions and Salford Red Devils.

Half back Woods – another product of the Wigan Academy – played 12 games for the Warriors first team. The 23-year-old has also played on loan at Swinton Lions and Leigh Centurions.

Wigan Warriors executive director, Kris Radlinski, said: “Due to the lack of reserve grade, we had to pursue opportunities elsewhere as both players need to be playing Rugby League.

“Jake and Josh are model professionals and everyone at Wigan Warriors would like to thank them both for their efforts at the Club. We wish them well in the next stage of their careers.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/12/ ... ave-wigan/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Shorrocks and Woods leave Wigan

Post by Caboosegg »

Shame about woods from what we saw in SL he went well for a youngster, its a shame for him that Smith has shown so much potential.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I get the feeling we are gonna be bringing a couple of bodies in real soon🤞
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Make sure they get a medical if so :evil: :evil:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Woods has signed for Newcastle.
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:53 pm I get the feeling we are gonna be bringing a couple of bodies in real soon🤞
No more signings according to Rads. No reserves and no duel reg either so cutting the playing rosta and wage bill as no where for the players to play next year.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

None of the departures have been unexpected including these Shorrocks had enough oppotnuity to show something and he just hasnt he's a championship level player - woods lacked pace
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Surprised Shorrocks has lasted so long. Fair to say neither would be guaranteed 21 squad selections never mind starting 17.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:54 pm None of the departures have been unexpected including these Shorrocks had enough oppotnuity to show something and he just hasnt he's a championship level player - woods lacked pace
Maybe woods should get the same speed test as bibby has so called had
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Shame, both have had good games for us but we can't keep them all (it would be wrong to anyway).