Kiwis and Penrith forward Zane Tetevano heading to Leeds Rhinos

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Kiwis and Penrith forward Zane Tetevano heading to Leeds Rhinos

Post by josie andrews »

Tokoroa-born Kiwis foward Zane Tetevano has been granted an immediate release from the Penrith Panthers to join the Leeds Rhinos on a three-year deal.

The 30-year-old has played tests for the Cook Islands and three for New Zealand in 2019, and appeared in two of the last three NRL Grand Finals.

He was a substitute when Penrith Panthers lost to Melbourne Storm this year and came off the bench in Sydney Roosters’ 2018 win over the same opponents.

Tetevano is of Cook Islander and Māori descent.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/30 ... eds-rhinos
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Levrier

Re: Kiwis and Penrith forward Zane Tetevano heading to Leeds Rhinos

Post by Levrier »

Will we be organising a domestic violence event for when we play against them? I am sure that the club are against that. :roll:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Levrier wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:06 pm Will we be organising a domestic violence event for when we play against them? I am sure that the club are against that. :roll:
What do you think? ☹️
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Bodene Thompson isn't counted an an overseas so was allowed to sign for Leeds as dispensation for Toronto being "no more"

How have they dodged the overseas quota to sign this bloke?? Did he eat a yorkshire pudding once???

With Warrington's non-existent salary cap and Leeds ability to have as many overseas as they want, next season is already lining up to be a farce
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:44 pm Bodene Thompson isn't counted an an overseas so was allowed to sign for Leeds as dispensation for Toronto being "no more"

How have they dodged the overseas quota to sign this bloke?? Did he eat a yorkshire pudding once???

With Warrington's non-existent salary cap and Leeds ability to have as many overseas as they want, next season is already lining up to be a farce
I can’t understand the argument with Warrington and their cap given how unsuccessful they are. They sign has beens and never have beens.

With regards to Leeds and the overseas quota. It clearly isn’t a rule you can bend is it without fake passports and birth certificates.

Not sure why people care so much, I don’t care whether they have 1 or 10 overseas players or whether Warrington cheat the system.

A wolf doesn’t concern himself with the opinion of sheep.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:58 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:44 pm Bodene Thompson isn't counted an an overseas so was allowed to sign for Leeds as dispensation for Toronto being "no more"

I can’t understand the argument with Warrington and their cap given how unsuccessful they are. They sign has beens and never have beens.

With regards to Leeds and the overseas quota. It clearly isn’t a rule you can bend is it without fake passports and birth certificates.

Not sure why people care so much, I don’t care whether they have 1 or 10 overseas players or whether Warrington cheat the system.

A wolf doesn’t concern himself with the opinion of sheep.

Couldn't have put that better myself.

Worrying what other teams do or sign up, is like us taking our eye off the ball and is just negative. As long as no rules are legally broken, lets just concentrate on ourselves.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

And of course Leeds have just released Sewmanufegai (sp) back to Australia on compassionate grounds so an overseas slot is opened up there anyway. And I rated him.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Will the 2022 salary cap drop by a third because of the TV deal? How will wire deal with that!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:17 pm Will the 2022 salary cap drop by a third because of the TV deal? How will wire deal with that!
How will any team?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:56 am
Mike wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:17 pm Will the 2022 salary cap drop by a third because of the TV deal? How will wire deal with that!
How will any team?
Read somewhere that the money from SKY was only for the SL matches shown. When the SL split with the RL there was a cut off point in place whereas the SL paid the RL a share of tv money if that cut off point was not met then it would be down to good will .
https://www.totalrl.com/super-league-re ... ghts-blow/