Hank to Broncos

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TravellingWarrior

Hank to Broncos

Post by TravellingWarrior »

Hankinson has gone to London Broncos on a year long loan.

Code: Select all

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/55500952 
The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Hank to Broncos

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Sensible move for all parties concerned! Be a wise decision if Navarrete follows too.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Good luck to the lad, I hope he does well for them.
And a Happy New Year to all.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Seemed a decent enough player and one hell of a goal kicker from what ive seen...... hope he rips it up there
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors can confirm that Chris Hankinson has signed for Betfred Championship side London Broncos on a year-long loan deal.

Since joining Wigan midway through 2018, the 27-year-old centre has played 23 games for the Club, scoring three tries and kicking 19 goals.

A powerful and athletic running back, Hankinson joins London with Championship experience after previous spells with Leigh Centurions and Swinton Lions.

Wigan Warriors executive director, Kris Radlinski, said: “Chris was an unsung hero in 2020. He was the 19th man in near enough every game in the season.

“At the end of the season, Chris came to me and said that at his age he needed to be playing regularly. With no reserve grade and the cancellation of dual registration, we needed to explore other opportunities for Chris.

“A chance to be a starting player for London has arisen and we all feel that it is the right thing for Chris at this time.

He will have a year in the capital and then return to Wigan in 2022. He will be a great addition to Danny Ward’s London Broncos team.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/12/ ... n-on-loan/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Because it is a loan, could Wigan be expecting Gildart to sign for an Austraiian club for 2022?
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I am a tad confused, I know it doesn't take much! Hank was out of contract at the end of last season, Wigan must have extended his deal for him to go out on loan. Anybody any the wiser?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:03 pm I am a tad confused, I know it doesn't take much! Hank was out of contract at the end of last season, Wigan must have extended his deal for him to go out on loan. Anybody any the wiser?
I thought his contract ran out at the end of this year to be honest?

But that being said a sensible move for him it seems to me much like Wane before him Lam doesn’t fancy Hankinson long term either
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/teams/fir ... -hankinson
This is the club site. Unfortunately the quoted information does not stack up. It says signed from Swinton July 2018 for two years and then mentions a one year extension in June but that would only take us part way through the loan period and definitely not into the year after.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Just suggests a new contract was agreed with him.
Was underused and IMO undervalued. A good move for him and hope he does well.
We shall see if he returns to Wigan.