Hank to Broncos

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Hank to Broncos

Post by nathan_rugby »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:37 am As far as I know Oliver Gildart has not signed for an Australian club so replacing him is the irrelevance not having a reliable goalkicker. How many games did Frano Botica and more recently Pat Richards win with goalkicks. With tries becoming harder to get , 4 pts must be turned into 6 on a regular basis. That is the point I was trying to make
Are tries becoming harder to get? What stats support this?

Other than the obvious Grand Final. How many games have we lost in the last two years because of Zak’s goal kicking?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:14 am Yet interestingly not 1 coach or club in Super League was prepared to offer him a deal, maybe professionally they know more than us on here and by design think he's more Championship standard.
I'd definitely be more than concerned if anyone at the helm of our club, think he's a replacement for Gildart, goalkicker or not.
Hank has a deal thru to 2022 I've mentioned this before, How do you know no other SL club has offered a deal?

Most of you know I'm a suppprter of Hank and despite others options or thoughts he has performed to a SL standard, yes he's no world beater but I feel he has had a raw deal in this past difficult period, I wish him well and hope he builds his confidence, if he does play for wigan again I'd be surprised tbh maybe he could come back into SL and prove the doubters wrong I hope so
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

jackthelad wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:40 pm
Nezza Faz wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:14 am Yet interestingly not 1 coach or club in Super League was prepared to offer him a deal, maybe professionally they know more than us on here and by design think he's more Championship standard.
I'd definitely be more than concerned if anyone at the helm of our club, think he's a replacement for Gildart, goalkicker or not.
Hank has a deal thru to 2022 I've mentioned this before, How do you know no other SL club has offered a deal?

Most of you know I'm a suppprter of Hank and despite others options or thoughts he has performed to a SL standard, yes he's no world beater but I feel he has had a raw deal in this past difficult period, I wish him well and hope he builds his confidence, if he does play for wigan again I'd be surprised tbh maybe he could come back into SL and prove the doubters wrong I hope so
The hard evidence ! If a SL club was more than interested in him than London were, they'd have put in a better offer for him ? And none apparently were ? On the basis he's gone to London, and not a Super League club, at the end of the day the money on the table to offer the player was at Championship and not SL level. I'm not even sure London are operating at Full Time, or PT level ?
I'm not talking about whether people have a "favourite" player here, more interested in his actual ability and what professionals consider his attributes to be. In general, I trust those opinions more, despite the wider forum's views - but I stand to be corrected on his standard in SL.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

When did he sign his extension? I missed that!
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

At the end of the day, if he stays - where would you play him, in what position ? It could only be for either Hardaker or Gildart if everyone deems him to be a Centre.
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

The gap between the top teams is getting smaller. Saints scored two tries against Wigan in two games, and they are supposed to be the best attacking team in the league. If Wigan have improved their defence that much, other teams will undoubtedly follow as they have in the past. Zac had an outstanding Grand Final and the fact that he put his hand up to take the kick speaks volumes about the bloke. I know I for one wouldn’t have been able to get up again after placing the ball on the tee let alone run up and kick it.Please note , all l am saying is you need a reliable goal kicker, not having a cheap shot at any player.You can only be proud of a team that put in such monumental performances as they did last year
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Gilly off to oz after this year but not to Canberra he said it is too cold there
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:50 am Yet fans on here who have never played rugby at amateur level never mind professional think otherwise.
Eye up! Alex Murphy's moanin again. So what are you saying pal? If no one has played the game we cannot have an opinion?.

Perhaps we should make that an International professional level career and you too can keep your opinions to yourself :roll:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:14 pm
Hank has a deal thru to 2022 I've mentioned this before, How do you know no other SL club has offered a deal? t boostin opponents are our expense

The hard evidence ! If a SL club was more than interested in him than London were, they'd have put in a better offer for him ? And none apparently were ? On the basis he's gone to London, and not a Super League club, at the end of the day the money on the table to offer the player was at Championship and not SL level. I'm not even sure London are operating at Full Time, or PT level ?
I'm not talking about whether people have a "favourite" player here, more interested in his actual ability and what professionals consider his attributes to be. In general, I trust those opinions more, despite the wider forum's views - but I stand to be corrected on his standard in SL.
I think you'll find most of the SL have already filled their salary caps by now plus they too have no reserve fixtures or dual reg (like Wigan)

Championship was always the most likely destination especially as Wigan will have to part fund the deal, so we are not boosting SL opponents at our expense (like we did for Navarette and Escare at Wakey)

Still it is better he finds game time with some club if it isn't to be us
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

With a move to London Wigan can monitor him as and when he plays and if the regular game time brings an improvement he is still a Wigan player.If Oliver Gildart is going why not cover as many options as possible, after all no- one has seen a lot of Mr. Hankinson.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had