Stains coining it in?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

Stains coining it in?

Post by ian.birchall »

Seeing how the new NHS vaccination superhub has opened for the scousers at the Totally Wicked I was wondering how much the club is coining in.
Hetherington must be fuming that he wasn't quicker off the mark in suggesting Headingley as the place to use in Leeds instead of letting it go to Elland Road.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
nathan_rugby

Re: Stains coining it in?

Post by nathan_rugby »

Who cares?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:28 am Seeing how the new NHS vaccination superhub has opened for the scousers at the Totally Wicked I was wondering how much the club is coining in.
Hetherington must be fuming that he wasn't quicker off the mark in suggesting Headingley as the place to use in Leeds instead of letting it go to Elland Road.
You got me thinking of the reason for Sentellins and South Leeds, Ian. Closer to the "great unwashed", maybe? :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:28 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:28 am Seeing how the new NHS vaccination superhub has opened for the scousers at the Totally Wicked I was wondering how much the club is coining in.
You got me thinking of the reason for Sentellins and South Leeds, Ian. Closer to the "great unwashed", maybe? :lol:
Gets even worse Morley. I live perhaps 3 miles away from the big centre at the Great Yorkshire Showground. I got my letter this morning and I cannot book at the Showground but they offer to send me to St Helens Rugby (sic) Ground for my injection. Not on your life.
Last edited by ian.birchall on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Gets even worse Morley. I live perhaps 3 miles away from the big centre at the Great Yorkshire Showground. I got my letter this morning and I cannot book at the Showground but they offer to send me to St Helens Rugby (sic) Ground for my injection. Not on your life.
Last edited by ian.birchall on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:30 pm
That’s enough to make a grown man weep. I can’t understand why they have opened a centre there because they already have more than their fair share of p*****.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Morley,
When I told youngest son about the St Helens site he quickly texted back forbidding me to go there on the grounds that they would give me covid there rather than the covid vaccine.
One of the other addresses was one in Morley so if I had been certain you were at home when I went I could have popped round for a cup of tea. 😂
Now for a bit of good news. I tried my luck again on the 119 line at 7am on the dot on Wednesday when it was due to open and got through straight away. One of their different offers was Superdrug pharmacy in the Merrion Centre so I signed up there straight away for a jab for the two of us at 12-20 and 12-30 on Friday. By the time I had switched on my tablet and opened my emails the confirmation letter to take with us was already there. We went, straight in, socially distanced before and after the jab, one unexpected ? in the usual stuff was had I been on any covid trials for any other drugs. Clocked in the car park at 11-54 out at 12-31so super efficient. They were doing 140 doses a day of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Then at 5 in the evening yesterday (Friday I took one of my neighbours who can no longer drive to the GYS site. I have to say that I don't know who was organising the do there, was it the management of the Great Yorkshire Show used to crowds of 30000 a day when that is on in July, or the Army with its young leaders garrison here in 'gate but certainly not the NHS or PHE management because that really was super efficient, obviously lots of room in the halls, as much car parking as you could want, using the deep frozen Phizer Biontech vaccine from 8am to 6pm and doing 975 jabs a day. The efficiency of the entire operation from when we got our invitation letters last Tuesday to this gave me hope that we could get all the 15 million oldies done by the 15th February. The MP from Stratford on Avon who is running the entire operation should be moved up the food chain when he has finished to a senior ministerial post, education or defence would be great.
Doesn't feel right praising the Govt but this bit is doing a great job.

morley pie eater

ian.birchall wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:36 pm Morley,
When I told youngest son about the St Helens site he quickly texted back forbidding me to go there on the grounds that they would give me covid there rather than the covid vaccine.
One of the other addresses was one in Morley so if I had been certain you were at home when I went I could have popped round for a cup of tea. 😂
Now for a bit of good news. I tried my luck again on the 119 line at 7am on the dot on Wednesday when it was due to open and got through straight away. One of their different offers was Superdrug pharmacy in the Merrion Centre so I signed up there straight away for a jab for the two of us at 12-20 and 12-30 on Friday. By the time I had switched on my tablet and opened my emails the confirmation letter to take with us was already there. We went, straight in, socially distanced before and after the jab, one unexpected ? in the usual stuff was had I been on any covid trials for any other drugs. Clocked in the car park at 11-54 out at 12-31so super efficient. They were doing 140 doses a day of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Then at 5 in the evening yesterday (Friday I took one of my neighbours who can no longer drive to the GYS site. I have to say that I don't know who was organising the do there, was it the management of the Great Yorkshire Show used to crowds of 30000 a day when that is on in July, or the Army with its young leaders garrison here in 'gate but certainly not the NHS or PHE management because that really was super efficient, obviously lots of room in the halls, as much car parking as you could want, using the deep frozen Phizer Biontech vaccine from 8am to 6pm and doing 975 jabs a day. The efficiency of the entire operation from when we got our invitation letters last Tuesday to this gave me hope that we could get all the 15 million oldies done by the 15th February. The MP from Stratford on Avon who is running the entire operation should be moved up the food chain when he has finished to a senior ministerial post, education or defence would be great.
Hi Ian.
I thought you lived at Horsforth - have you moved?

Be interested to know where the vaccination centre in Morley is... (There's been something at the sports centre, but assumed it was testing?)

I think you know that I'm far from being a Tory or admirer of this govt. But I do agree that, by and large, the vaccination programme is going well. Not sure who the people at the top are, but those on the coalface deserve credit too.

The gov are now coming under pressure to divert supplies from the North, because the southerners are lagging behind. Not sure how this fits the levelling up agenda, but at least we can look forward to the cancellation of Crossrail to fund a new Manchester to Leeds line - all in the interests of fairness, of course :D

Glad you got your jab. I'm due in the next phase as I'm not 70 til June. My dad was an original anti-vaxxer, so it'll be the first I've ever had!
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ian.birchall wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:36 pm Morley,
Sounds good. They did half a million yesterday. We're good at this stuff once a decision has been made to do it, we can organise very well given the resources.

Downside of 0.5M per day is that it will take 130days (4.5 months) to do everyone for one shot and 9 months to get everyones second shot. We need millions per day eventually.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Sorry to be pedantic, Mike, but with estimated 70% uptake, it'll take 70% of 130 days = 91 days. Less the 5 million or so done, is "only" just over 11 weeks, or 23 weeks including 2nd jabs. End of June-ish?

Oh, the vaccines not been used on children yet, so that reduces it further.

The daily count is still rising, so could be quicker. With a bit of luck, we could go to the TW stadium in May for the derby and get our 2nd pricks at the same time. ;)
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐