Stains coining it in?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
morley pie eater

Re: Stains coining it in?

Post by morley pie eater »

Just checked and 21% of population are under 18.

At 70% uptake and 0.5 million jabs a week, we'd all be done twice by mid-June.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:58 pm Just checked and 21% of population are under 18.

We did 0.478 million jabs yesterday, according to the media, so that timescale can be shortened dramatically. Mind you, the situation in certain NW towns is not good, I believe the vaccine is now in short supply. Hopefully, this can be sorted quickly.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:33 am
morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:58 pm Just checked and 21% of population are under 18.

We did 0.478 million jabs yesterday, according to the media, so that timescale can be shortened dramatically. Mind you, the situation in certain NW towns is not good, I believe the vaccine is now in short supply. Hopefully, this can be sorted quickly.
I think he mis-typed on that one its 0.5M per day not per week - 70% of 80% of 66 million / 0.5M per day * 2 doses = 148 days = about 5 months. So end of June and jobs a good un.

But I think they can do way better than 0.5M per day, we're just getting organised at this point. I reckon 4-10x that would be achievable. Look at what happened to testing. And this isn't going away. They'll be boosters and new variants etc. We'll be going 3-4x per year I'd say, eventually just popping to Boots though probably.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Morning Morley
When we came back from our time in Africa after 15 months working out of London I eventually, after 4 months on the 'dole', got a job in Bradford so we moved to Harrogate, being as near to Bradford as I wanted to live! It is the youngest son and family who live in Horsforth. Eldest grandson started at Horsforth High School in September and studying Mandarin as a foreign language.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:07 am Morning Morley
When we came back from our time in Africa after 15 months working out of London I eventually, after 4 months on the 'dole', got a job in Bradford so we moved to Harrogate, being as near to Bradford as I wanted to live! It is the youngest son and family who live in Horsforth. Eldest grandson started at Horsforth High School in September and studying Mandarin as a foreign language.
So is he practicing cannibalism ?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The issue with projections on Vaccines is that they imply a linear travel in numbers when in reality the curve will flatten to re-use an old saying. The people rushing to get the jabs now are the ones who are vulnerable its harder to convince the non vulnerable and unfortunately there is still a lot of misinformation about this subject putting people off the Jab.

The government do have a plan for this which was published in the British Medical Journals it is effectively to incentivise people through allowing vaccinated citizens more liberties
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:07 am Morning Morley
Ah, I think I must have remembered you mentioning Horsforth and assumed you lived there.

Your grandson should be ok at Horsforth High, it's always been a decent school. For 15 years I worked near to the telecom tower/fire station on Otley Old Road (Cookridge/Holt Park). Only a mile or so from Horsforth Station. Glad I don't have the daily commute any more, it got worse year-on-year.

Our advantage here is M62 access, though I rarely drive to Wigan and back on a Friday night. It's a case of booking a hotel for some games, and seeing more of away matches.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:04 pm The issue with projections on Vaccines is that they imply a linear travel in numbers when in reality the curve will flatten to re-use an old saying. The people rushing to get the jabs now are the ones who are vulnerable its harder to convince the non vulnerable and unfortunately there is still a lot of misinformation about this subject putting people off the Jab.

The government do have a plan for this which was published in the British Medical Journals it is effectively to incentivise people through allowing vaccinated citizens more liberties
I agree with that. Why should I have to stay in if i'm vaccinated just because others didn't do it. Keep them out of the pubs and clubs and then I can go.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mike wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:53 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:04 pm The issue with projections on Vaccines is that they imply a linear travel in numbers when in reality the curve will flatten to re-use an old saying. The people rushing to get the jabs now are the ones who are vulnerable its harder to convince the non vulnerable and unfortunately there is still a lot of misinformation about this subject putting people off the Jab.

I agree with that. Why should I have to stay in if i'm vaccinated just because others didn't do it. Keep them out of the pubs and clubs and then I can go.
agree with this, punished for other peoples actions, were already getting punished for them