Burgess leaves on medical grounds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Burgess leaves on medical grounds

Post by fozzieskem »

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/02 ... e-burgess/

The right thing for all concerned though I do hope the club takes a look at the way it signs players because it was clear from day one he simply wasn’t right and frankly shouldn’t have been allowed to sign when it was clear he wasn’t fit,just my opinion though
Last edited by fozzieskem on Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan2266

Re: Burgess leaves on medical grounds

Post by Dan2266 »

New Prop time :D :D :D :D
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:08 am New Prop time :D :D :D :D
Indeed :)
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Regardless of the circumstances I'm sure we all wish George all the best for the future and hope that he has a speedy recovery from his operation.

Its a shame it didn't work out. It was a gamble and it didn't pay off. Hindsight is a wonderful thing I guess!

Be interesting to see how the space on the cap that has been freed up will be used.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

New prop and a winger me thinks...... especially with george being marquee
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Are we assuming he has been medically retired, contract terminated and we do not have to count him on the cap?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:08 am New Prop time :D :D :D :D
Since you've said terms are already agreed, this should be announced in an instance right?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

depends, I know its agreed with the player, was also told the players club were open to letting him leave. Wigan often sit on announcements, the only rapid one was when I said Hastings was doing a shoot to announce his extension then about a hour later they announced it.

Literally telling you on here what I am told from very high up within the club. anything can change in a instant with transfers but I've not been told anything other or further than we have agreed a deal with a prop.... if it doesn't come off, none of anything I have ever said is BS, things change. but as it stands I don't see anything stopping the signing being completed
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I wish George all the best with his recovery and hope he gets back to full fitness. Shame we didn’t see the George we saw in his early years at south’s, he would of ripped it up in SL.
Makes you think about our medical staff though. He’s obviously had problems with his hip before we signed in, we all seemed to notice he wasn’t right from the start, I’m wondering how they didn’t notice something
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Barney841 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:02 pm I wish George all the best with his recovery and hope he gets back to full fitness. Shame we didn’t see the George we saw in his early years at south’s, he would of ripped it up in SL.
Makes you think about our medical staff though. He’s obviously had problems with his hip before we signed in, we all seemed to notice he wasn’t right from the start, I’m wondering how they didn’t notice something
Agree with all of that.