NRL club set to sign Jackson Hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: NRL club set to sign Jackson Hastings

Post by medlocke »

lucky 13 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:25 pm It's not about now though. That and Mole saying it's for next year.
The Mole is is quite often wrong
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:19 pm This just reinforces what I've said for some time that with the possibility of both Leuluai and Hastings leaving end of 2021 then Smith and Field have to play each game. Whether that's Smith off the bench at times or Field starting the season on the wing it is imperative we prepare for the future without Tommy or Jacko.
Make the best use of them this season but be aware they won't be playing for us for 2022.
I wouldn’t say smith and field have to play each game but Lam must be aware that we are going to lose Tommy and Hastings possibly too.

He should ensure that we play to win but also prepare us for next season within reason. You can’t just never play players who are in the final year of their contract. That being said, it won’t be ideal to lose two half backs at the same time given the importance of the position and partnership required.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Be interesting to see how Jackson plays the latest speculation about his future through his own social media!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:05 am Be interesting to see how Jackson plays the latest speculation about his future through his own social media!
It will be interesting. He seems a very straight guy and to me that's half the battle. If he goes after next season then good luck to the lad!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I don't understand all the angst over Hastings' situation with some people ! As I understand it, he'll be completing fully his contractual obligations with us, he's done the 2 years as well as 2 years at Salford, so maybe he wants to be at home, closer to family and friends (like Bateman, in reverse). Not unnatural.
With covid over here still being a major problem and the opposite, almost complete freedom in Australia, so he could train and play normally in a good environment without travel and border lockdowns.
Financially he'll be doing okay I would presume, certainly wouldn't need to be furloughed in their off season (if that applied here ?).
He doesn't owe anything to anyone after this season and his performances have been 4/5 star most of the time, so if he does leave as expected in 2022 then good luck to him, I say. He'll definitely be able to test himself again at a high level in the NRL, so he's not going for an "easy option". And that's better than him going over to union, as was rumoured for a while .
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Don't see anything wrong in this from where I am straight bloke who has honoured everything he as said while playing in this country. Signed a 2 year deal says he will see it out. He is type of player will give his all that's good enough for me what he does after contact end is up to him.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'd bet, if we wanted him to stay and made him a good offer, he'd stay for longer. He found it difficult to leave Salford even when he'd only been there 2 years.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Nezza Faz wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:08 pm I don't understand all the angst over Hastings' situation with some people ! As I understand it, he'll be completing fully his contractual obligations with us, he's done the 2 years as well as 2 years at Salford, so maybe he wants to be at home, closer to family and friends (like Bateman, in reverse). Not unnatural.
With covid over here still being a major problem and the opposite, almost complete freedom in Australia, so he could train and play normally in a good environment without travel and border lockdowns.
Financially he'll be doing okay I would presume, certainly wouldn't need to be furloughed in their off season (if that applied here ?).
He doesn't owe anything to anyone after this season and his performances have been 4/5 star most of the time, so if he does leave as expected in 2022 then good luck to him, I say. He'll definitely be able to test himself again at a high level in the NRL, so he's not going for an "easy option". And that's better than him going over to union, as was rumoured for a while .
Spot on
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."