lenaghan to sell his stake

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
stevo38

lenaghan to sell his stake

Post by stevo38 »

apparantly he s ready to sell his stake in the club anyone heard anything
oval balls

Re: lenaghan to sell his stake

Post by oval balls »

It’s on total rl but nowhere else not even Wigan today
According to league express he is ready to sell to the multi millionaire who bought a stake in the club last year
If this guy is ready to put his money where his mouth is then our future looks good
wigans turning blue- my arse

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Selling for £10m

I’m sure we can knock that up amongst us
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I always wondered how long before he would look to sell and on here usually got told he wouldn’t or the family would carry on on here and was put in my place with that.

Worrying news if true
warriors01

Ian Lenegan to sell Warriors

Post by warriors01 »

League express understands that Wigan Warriors owner is on the verge of selling his ownership of the club. Hope not don’t want another Latics fiasco.
DaveO

Re: Ian Lenegan to sell Warriors

Post by DaveO »

warriors01 wrote:League express understands that Wigan Warriors owner is on the verge of selling his ownership of the club. Hope not don’t want another Latics fiasco.
Well he is getting older and may want to retire from running the club. If he does sell I’d trust him to sell to someone who shares his love of the club.

I don’t see why it follows if he sells we end up with another Latics fiasco. It’s not like there are foreign consortiums queuing up to buy RL clubs anyway.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Would this necessarily be a bad thing ? He's done his limited best for us over the years and he's had 100% integrity all the way, but never really had the money to market and invest in the club as it should have been, years ago as in the days of Mick Hogan.
If he is selling to his current backer at the club then this could be the beginning of a new era for us.
Just saddened his latest calls have been to get rid of Toronto and to take that cash from the private equity bods - I hope he's not tarnished too much with this.
Nate90

Post by Nate90 »

Ian Lenagan has been a wonderful chairman,

In the years following the stadium move under Whelan and Lindsey we gradually started to lose our identity resulting in the dreadful 2005 and 2006 seasons.

Lenagan came in at the right place at the right time and the clubs fortune changed dramatically both on and off the field.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Nate90 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:49 pm Ian Lenagan has been a wonderful chairman,

In the years following the stadium move under Whelan and Lindsey we gradually started to lose our identity resulting in the dreadful 2005 and 2006 seasons.

Lenagan came in at the right place at the right time and the clubs fortune changed dramatically both on and off the field.
Agree 100% with all of that, Nate.

Just that this throws up another opportunity going forward, and nothing is forever.