Burgess *not* guilty of Intimidation

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Burgess *not* guilty of Intimidation

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wintergreen

Re: Burgess guilty of Intimidation

Post by Wintergreen »

Not the best few days for that family.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wintergreen wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:26 am Not the best few days for that family.
An understatement
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I wonder if this had any bearing on the Judge's decision "Mr Hooke is a high-profile political lobbyist in Australia who was previously head of the Minerals Council of Australia."? As they say, there's no smoke without fire and I wonder what was said and done to cause Sam to react how he did and to say those things?

pedro

Post by pedro »

Sutty wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:46 pm I wonder if this had any bearing on the Judge's decision "Mr Hooke is a high-profile political lobbyist in Australia who was previously head of the Minerals Council of Australia."? As they say, there's no smoke without fire and I wonder what was said and done to cause Sam to react how he did and to say those things?
if you read it from the start it doesnt sound good, both Luke and Sam have been round causing trouble there
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Must admit i read the detailed accounts of the accusations and it didnt make for a good read for Sam and in particular Luke who seemed to be a bit of a bad egg
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:55 am Must admit i read the detailed accounts of the accusations and it didnt make for a good read for Sam and in particular Luke who seemed to be a bit of a bad egg
very much so
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:55 am Must admit i read the detailed accounts of the accusations and it didnt make for a good read for Sam and in particular Luke who seemed to be a bit of a bad egg
Yep, I read something a while ago that said Luke seemed to be the instigator or at least fanning the flames of this. It's all a sorry state of affairs.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sam Burgess arrested after allegedly failing roadside drug test

*Former NRL star taken to police station for further testing
*To face court for using an unregistered car with no licence

Former NRL star Sam Burgess is due to spend more time fronting a magistrate after allegedly committing driving offences. The 32-year-old was allegedly driving a BMW X5 when stopped on the Hume Highway south of Sydney on Monday.

“He was subjected to a random roadside drug test before being taken to Southern Highlands Police Station where he underwent a secondary oral fluid test,” police said in a statement, without naming Burgess. “The sample has been sent for further analysis.”

Sam Burgess tells court about heated Southern Highlands row with former father-in-law
Read more

The man was told to attend court on charges of driving without a valid NSW licence and using an unregistered vehicle.

Numerous media outlets named the man as Burgess, who was earlier in February convicted of intimidating his former father-in-law.

The retired star was sentenced to a two-year community corrections order, requiring him to be of good behaviour. Burgess said afterwards that his legal team had appealed the conviction.

Burgess is due to face Moss Vale Local Court on the driving allegations on 4 May.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... -drug-test
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

It sounds like he is imploding.