French and hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: French and hastings

Post by medlocke »

Job's knackered, just read they will be subject to knew quarantine rules
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

As long as they don't return to the UK via Dubai or Doha (UAE) which are on the red zone then they will have to quarantine at home for ten days. If they apply there is a paid for test they can take after five days and if negative the quarantine ends.
Doesn't seem too onerous to me.

If they do return via the UAE then it's into a hotel for 10 days. Surely they'd rather return via Hong Kong, Singapore or KL?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

It’s a bit worrying they are due home wc 22/02, will have some form of quarantine and the season starts 4-5 weeks later.

Not much of a pre season for two key players is it.

Maybe the club think it’s better for the long run they were home for longer.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I think these 2 players will be back fit as any of our lads they are the type of player who enjoy being fit so i am not worried to be honest
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

ddtftf wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:03 pm I think these 2 players will be back fit as any of our lads they are the type of player who enjoy being fit so i am not worried to be honest
Definitely, they'll have been training in good conditions back home and I imagine they're amongst the 2 naturally fittest players in the team, well used to playing a full 80 minutes each week.
I think they'll come back supercharged, raring to go and prove themselves ready for the fight, and landing back in the UK with more favourable weather conditions than a week or so back, in the depths of winter.
My only slight concern is, they do come back, with all the stuff globally going on.
Suzieb

Hastings and French again

Post by Suzieb »

Does anyone know if these two players have arrived in this country yet,and if not why.
Dan2266

Re: Hastings and French again

Post by Dan2266 »

All I know is the tickets for the flights they were originally supposed to be on were cancelled.

Not sure if this was pre or post announcement of the delay to the start of the season.

the last I heard was they were due back this week. I assume they will head back Friday
Suzieb

Overseas players

Post by Suzieb »

Is it fair on the young lads some players are allowed to miss preseason,leigh are not to be raken lightly,good coach,good set of players,I hope that we are ready.
pedro3

Re: Overseas players

Post by pedro3 »

yes
jobo

Re: Overseas players

Post by jobo »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:55 pm Is it fair on the young lads some players are allowed to miss preseason,leigh are not to be raken lightly,good coach,good set of players,I hope that we are ready.
Couldn't agree more Suzieb.

My gut feeling is that we will be ready to face the lobby gobblers and do a job on them.