New Prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cherry toffee

Re: New Prop

Post by cherry toffee »

I'm a bit surprised shorrocks hasn't been mentioned in the mix for the number 13 he may be less experienced than the other two but his defence is good and he's a lot more about him in an attacking sense in my opinion
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

cherry toffee wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:56 pm I'm a bit surprised shorrocks hasn't been mentioned in the mix for the number 13 he may be less experienced than the other two but his defence is good and he's a lot more about him in an attacking sense in my opinion
I think that is a fair comment. Joe has got terrific footwork that causes defences a lot of problems. I suspect that the role will be shared by a few players this season. All three are inexperienced but will have benefited massively from last season.
geddard

Post by geddard »

Liam Watts would be an ideal signing,just wonder how much castleford would want for him
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Sorry for being negative but all this prop thing has got me thinking........ we have 4 real backrowers(not including partington)..... smithies, bateman, faz n willie i think......... we have three out and out wingers including bibby( apart from the youngsters)....... now, considering marshy and dom arnt shy on injuries and faz and willie arnt getting any younger, wouldnt a back rower or winger be a better bet?........we have plenty props, so if we arnt confident then release and replace......... hopefully pearce paul will come through and solve the back rower thing....... too my knowledge we have lost 1 winger and gained none......and lost two back rowers and gained 1....... i could be wrong about this though
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:51 pm Sorry for being negative but all this prop thing has got me thinking........ we have 4 real backrowers(not including partington)..... smithies, bateman, faz n willie i think......... we have three out and out wingers including bibby( apart from the youngsters)....... now, considering marshy and dom arnt shy on injuries and faz and willie arnt getting any younger, wouldnt a back rower or winger be a better bet?........we have plenty props, so if we arnt confident then release and replace......... hopefully pearce paul will come through and solve the back rower thing....... too my knowledge we have lost 1 winger and gained none......and lost two back rowers and gained 1....... i could be wrong about this though
And lost two props and replaced none.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:58 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:51 pm Sorry for being negative but all this prop thing has got me thinking........ we have 4 real backrowers(not including partington)..... smithies, bateman, faz n willie i think......... we have three out and out wingers including bibby( apart from the youngsters)....... now, considering marshy and dom arnt shy on injuries and faz and willie arnt getting any younger, wouldnt a back rower or winger be a better bet?........we have plenty props, so if we arnt confident then release and replace......... hopefully pearce paul will come through and solve the back rower thing....... too my knowledge we have lost 1 winger and gained none......and lost two back rowers and gained 1....... i could be wrong about this though
On paper we've lost 2 props but with the minutes G.Burgess gave us and could have given us this season (through no fault of his own) it feels more like losing 1.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Didn't we sign Singleton?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

I had completely forgotten Shorrocks. He did look useful against a tired defence but once again he was a backrow playing as an extra prop rather than a ball player. I hope that all three of Shorrocks, Partington and Smithies are being encouraged to develop that side of their game because the game has become faster. Anything that tries to reduce the constant increase in size of players that we saw in The SL era would be welcome from a H and S point of view.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Mike wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:58 pm
Didn't we sign Singleton?
It is amazing how much better we looked for taking on a player who was not considered good enough any more Leeds and who a lot of commentators around other boards considered off to Toronto for a holiday. Toronto's misfortune was our gain.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

As already said we signed singleton...... we also had harvard and shorrocks come through and burgess and clarke hardly played...... thats why i said about replacing props we dont need/use...... oh and partington played loose and hes a prop also
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE