Phone call from the club

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Great grandad Harry ball

Re: Phone call from the club

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:01 pm
Great grandad Harry ball wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:46 pm Call from Shaun O'Loughlin tonight, my dad had one later. Definitely genuine.
Sorry to go off topic, but you are "Great grandad Harry Ball" and your dad got a call from the club????

How old is your dad? :D
My dad is 91 and still a season ticket holder. I am 64 and still a shareholder and a season ticket holder.
My user name might be great grandad harry ball but that is because my great grandad was Harry (Henry) Ball, born 1873 -Wigan heritage number 61 who played in the first ever game at Central Park, made 138 first team appearances (7 tries) and later became a director of the club. He died in 1970. Trust that is enough of an explanation!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Great grandad Harry ball wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:01 pm
Great grandad Harry ball wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:46 pm Call from Shaun O'Loughlin tonight, my dad had one later. Definitely genuine.
Sorry to go off topic, but you are "Great grandad Harry Ball" and your dad got a call from the club????

My dad is 91 and still a season ticket holder. I am 64 and still a shareholder and a season ticket holder.
My user name might be great grandad harry ball but that is because my great grandad was Harry (Henry) Ball, born 1873 -Wigan heritage number 61 who played in the first ever game at Central Park, made 138 first team appearances (7 tries) and later became a director of the club. He died in 1970. Trust that is enough of an explanation!
good stuff...... respect 👍
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Great grandad Harry ball wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Thanks for the explanation - I'm glad I asked - very interesting! Best wishes to your dad.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

My phone call was from Dom Manfredi with John Bateman geeing him on in the background 😂

The call came through as Wigan Warriors, so knowing it was from the club, I just answered with “hiya”.

I knew it was him straight away cos he replied, “Josie, one of your chickens has got out!” When I said I’d just come in from seeing to them, he told Batty & I could him hearing laughing.

Dom said when he saw my name on the list he pulled it out for making the call just so he could wind me up, or try to 😂 He then asked how did I know it was him, “cos there’s only you who talks to me about chickens.” I replied!

Anyway after the initial asking me how I was etc, it was as everyone else’s message, just to thank me for forfeiting my 2020 season ticket 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I have had calls from Matty Peet and John Winder (as I buy 2 tickets, I think, though the more the merrier), and both of them confirmed that Manfredi was fit and well and ready to shine next year (which was of course the only thing on my mind). If he had rung me, I could have asked him in person, but am nowhere near Josie’s VIP level. Was really interested to hear how they think socially distanced crowds could work. Mid May isn’t that far away now... Let’s get those season tickets out there and snapped up!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:12 pm I have had calls from Matty Peet and John Winder (as I buy 2 tickets, I think, though the more the merrier), and both of them confirmed that Manfredi was fit and well and ready to shine next year (which was of course the only thing on my mind). If he had rung me, I could have asked him in person, but am nowhere near Josie’s VIP level. Was really interested to hear how they think socially distanced crowds could work. Mid May isn’t that far away now... Let’s get those season tickets out there and snapped up!
Dom was more interested in asking about me & my animals, we chat regularly online that’s how I knew he was fit & well & doing well, so never thought to mention it 😳
Also wishing me good luck for Thursday & hope my operation goes well, he will ring again next week see how I am 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Just had my call from club was Jake bibby. Spent a good few minutes talking about season and raring to go. Feels same as me with squad we can go extra step and win it this year. First time spoken to him but sounds a nice bloke.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Anyone else who donated their season ticket money still waiting for contact from the club or is it just me?
Not heard anything at all via phone, email, or post. Should I be worried?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun1967 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:39 pm Anyone else who donated their season ticket money still waiting for contact from the club or is it just me?
Not heard anything at all via phone, email, or post. Should I be worried?
No, they’ll get to you eventually 😊
wigtop

Post by wigtop »

Damn. Missed my call from the club. Anyway my wife has had two calls, one form Locky and one from Maty Peet. :mrgreen: