Hastings. Again.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pearsy

Re: Hastings. Again.

Post by pearsy »

Who the hells in charge player or Lam?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

If he plays this season at Wigan that will be three and a half years in the UK, which is longer than most Aussies stay.

It's a non story.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

These two players should be back training with their team,this is not good enough and should not of been allowed.every other teams new signings have been over here for about two months so why are our two allowed to do this.
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

They need to remember to get an exemption certificate and permission to leave Australia before they can fly first :shock: :shock: :shock:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:44 pm These two players should be back training with their team,this is not good enough and should not of been allowed.every other teams new signings have been over here for about two months so why are our two allowed to do this.
No they have not.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:56 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:53 am did he explicitly ask for the article? is there any proof of that? if he is due to leave soon could this not be a paper getting the interview in before he goes?
I'm more on about the manner of his reply. respect your club. respect the people who pay your wages. just say. "I've spoken plenty of times about my desire to play in the NRL, but I'm contracted to Wigan"

I cant believe folk seem ok with the amount of disrespect he throws the clubs way. publicly and behind closed doors.
What if he did say that and they didn't print it because its not interesting?

Seems like you've got something against Jackson. He's not done anything disrespectful to the club in my eyes, he's just a quality player that the club has done well to acquire for a few years.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

To be honest, I am not bothered when they come back, that is a matter for the players and the Club. For all we know it may be written into their contracts. However, if they fail to perform when they do return then I will condemn the players, coach and management. Hopefully, French and Hastings will rip it up.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Mike wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:21 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:56 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:53 am did he explicitly ask for the article? is there any proof of that? if he is due to leave soon could this not be a paper getting the interview in before he goes?
I'm more on about the manner of his reply. respect your club. respect the people who pay your wages. just say. "I've spoken plenty of times about my desire to play in the NRL, but I'm contracted to Wigan"

I cant believe folk seem ok with the amount of disrespect he throws the clubs way. publicly and behind closed doors.
What if he did say that and they didn't print it because its not interesting?

Seems like you've got something against Jackson. He's not done anything disrespectful to the club in my eyes, he's just a quality player that the club has done well to acquire for a few years.

I haven't anything against him. He’s a fantastic player. I just don't like the way its all being played out in front of the media. Its only by him as well. Coote, French, Austin.... we all know they want to play NRL but they respect their clubs enough to not talk about it publicly. I inow for a fact Jackson has spat the dummy out and refused to come home because Wigan wouldn’t release him from this years contract. Now all you see is his mam on twitter “he had the chance to stay but chose to honour the last year of his contract” - No, he didnt. He didnt have the chance because Wigan put their foot down and rightly so. I dont have a problem with his ambitions of playing in the NRL but concentrate on Wigan. With all due respect its not like he is playing for Hull KR and talking of a big move. He is at one of if not the biggest club in the world. Just show a little respect. A lot of fans donated hard earned money to help pay his wages during the pandemic and he turns around and treats the club like this. Doesn't sit right with me at all. I totally understand he has stayed here longer than planned and he is a great player, no one can deny that. But why is it only him that conducts himself this way? - not trying to cause any arguments I just don't understand how people seem to be ok with him publicly whoring himself around other clubs. No one forced him to sign that extension during a pandemic
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

And I mean initially refused to come back, not currently refusing to come back. He should be back This weekend/early next week if plans haven't changed again.
Rennox89

Post by Rennox89 »

I've been hearing Hastings should he arriving back for a long time now. Great player, but too loud for me. I've never really fancied him as a wigan player. I remember a game last season when we were behind and he was running in at 9 throwing powell out the way and then taking drives up on the 2nd and 3rd play trying to make yards. It's all about balance for me which your blake greens, Williams, barretts, deacons etc all had. Sorry for the negatives guys but I'll be glad when hes gone and we can have a HB at 6 we can build around for a few years rather than 1 year at a time!