Wigan Warriors fans will have to wait to see Jai Field

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors fans will have to wait to see Jai Field

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan fans will have to wait a little longer to see new recruit Jai Field in action .

The Warriors play their first game of 2021 this Sunday – a friendly at Salford.

But Australian speedster Field will not take part as he nurses a back strain.

Coach Adrian Lam says the injury was being monitored and amid hope he will be fit for their opening Super League game, against Leigh on March 26.

Centre Oliver Gildart (leg) and young forward Kai Pearce Paul (knee) also won’t face the Red Devils but returning star John Bateman will be included in a strong squad featuring an extended bench.

And Lam is particularly looking forward to seeing some of his fringe players give him a selection headache in their only friendly before the new competition begins.

He said: “Everyone will play a role and I just want to see individuals play to their own standards.

“For the senior players it’s more about getting back into the routine - the night before, game day, recovery after, all of those aspects.

“But for the younger players and those on the fringes of the side it’s a great chance for them to put a stamp on the game and say, ‘This is what I’m about’.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ld-3159696
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Wigan Warriors fans will have to wait to see Jai Field

Post by Firestarter »

Now theres a suprise
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
southportcdm

Re: Wigan Warriors fans will have to wait to see Jai Field

Post by southportcdm »

What a shame. Great opportunity missed for Field to have played a half with Tommy and another with Harry Smith. I'm sure Pierce Paul will be gutted too. Looking forward to seeing how the other lads go.