Hull FC consider leaving KCOM Stadium as Adam Pearson reveals new home thoughts

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Hull FC consider leaving KCOM Stadium as Adam Pearson reveals new home thoughts

Post by josie andrews »

The Hull FC owner says the club will consider relocating to their own home when their current deal expires

Hull FC owner Adam Pearson has fired a warning to Hull City Council and the Allam family by saying the club will consider leaving the KCOM Stadium when the current lease expires.

The Black and Whites, who have shared the council-owned stadium with co-tenants Hull City since it opened in December 2002, have seven years remaining on their current lease with the Stadium Management Company.

The SMC, which is owned by Hull City owners the Allam family, operate the stadium on behalf of both clubs.

Hull FC are believed to have become increasingly frustrated with a number of aspects of their ground sharing situation recently and are considering an option that would ultimately see them take control of their fixture list and ending among a number of frustrations, the inability to play at home during the early summer months when the SMC close the KCOM for maintenance during the closed-season in football.

This summer the Black and Whites will go six weeks between home matches during an extended break from the KCOM as the SMC do pitch maintenance. Playing throughout the early summer is just one aspect of control Hull FC would like a bigger say on.

The FC chairman admits that extending the current user agreement with the SMC also remains an option, but he will explore the possibility of relocating the Super League club to their own home in the future.

“It is difficult for two sports to share a ground and it does have its frustrations. We have six or seven years of the lease left at the KCOM and it is very much focussed in my head which way we go and what we do with the club,” Pearson told BBC Radio Humberside.

“The stadium company has to do what’s best for the club and I get that. Dr Allam has put a lot of money in, not just in sport in Hull but elsewhere. He didn’t get that money without getting a good bargain and a good deal and running things his way and I have to accept that and I do.

I try to fit in as much as possible, but we have to look at the way that sport is going and the money that is floating around at the minute, as to whether we may want our own stadium further down the line and our own home.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... on-5207605
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Hull FC consider leaving KCOM Stadium as Adam Pearson reveals new home thoughts

Post by josie andrews »

Sounds familiar!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Re: Hull FC consider leaving KCOM Stadium as Adam Pearson reveals new home thoughts

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Usually it's supporters who want their own stadium, rarely the club's owner.