Lam previews Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bertina

Re: Lam previews Leigh

Post by bertina »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:05 pm Agree about Hankinson but we have to acknowledge that Lam isn't going to bring him back and if IL/Rads did our coach wouldn't play him.
Nothing Lam says ever convinces me he's on top of matters and knows his best 17 and when that isn't available he has a decent idea of what will bring a win.
I'm still of the opinion that we won the LLS and made the GF in spite of Lam and not because of him. A top class coach (McGuire ) with the right tactics and team selection would have won the GF with 10 points to spare.
We have an excellent squad and not withstanding injuries we should be incredibly confident of beating Leigh with 20 points plus. However, I'm just not that confident at all and think it could be a closely contested match.
Hope we win with a bag full!
I think thats being a bit harsh on Lam Ted.
We win the LLS and just get pipped in the GF, and Lam gets no credit.
But if we had finished 4th or 5th, and challenged for nothing, he would have copped all the blame.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

My thoughts on Bateman at 13

13 is a funny position its not something that is set in stone - its something you can put your own stamp on and a position that doesn't have a set player type. Some teams use it as an extra prop, some as an extra hooker i remember manly using it to play an extra half back at times.

If people expect whoever plays 13 to play like lockers they need to stop that because locekrs was a freak of nature

Bateman is a ferocious competitor and drives the ball hard and tackles well - theres nothing there that suggests he wont be anything other than a success in that role he wont play it like lockers did nor should he. He will play it as bateman plays and for me the more times he has his hands on the ball the better for wigan

he will succeed wherever he plays because of his work ethic
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pedro

Post by pedro »

No straw damn us wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:26 am I'm sure Andy Farrell and Paul Sculthorpe started at 2nd row before moving to loose forward, and they did alright didn't they?

Let's see how it goes before moaning!!!
scully was a 13 during his academy days and before that not sure about Faz, im pretty sure none were 27 when they changed though
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

pedro wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:35 am
medlocke wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:22 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:13 pm
Deal with it

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/jo ... eing-home/
yeah can see him doing it, if Lam does then hes a fool, as better managers than him didnt
Ricky Stuart did. Must be a fool eh?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mike wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:52 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:22 pm Deal with it

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/jo ... eing-home/
yeah can see him doing it, if Lam does then hes a fool, as better managers than him didnt
Did he? When?

Every Canberra game I saw he was second row.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:27 am

Did he? When?

In the Article linked

Waney (Shaun Wane) tried me there a few times and I actually started there at Canberra as well, so it’s a position I’m pretty familiar with so I’m looking forward to it to be honest with you.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:27 am

Did he? When?

yep, his first 2 games were at 13 then Stuart realised it was poor and moved him to the second row and the rest is history for him there,